Author Topic: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.2.2276  (Read 121392 times)

REDACTED

Re: BRAND NEW VERSION: 12.2.2276
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2016, 11:43:51 AM »
I had to follow the update with an installation change to remove Safeprice.  >:(

Yes, the same just happened to me with the latest update. Firefox flagged up the request to install safeprice, I noted the location and tried to delete the folder. Windows tells me I do not have permission to delete these files!

It's my computer which has been invaded by Avast but I'm not permitted to remedy it!

This is the very definition of malware.
you can try remove folder by disable avast self protection
or in safe mode
or using unlocker tool 

Offline petr.chytil

• Quality Assurance Director
  • Avast team
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2016, 11:53:19 AM »
AOS BETAin AIS Stable version?Pls fixed this Avast!.
Are you in Beta or Release channel?
Version number is the same in both channels, but in beta channel, there is a "BETA" sign on the UI main screen - next to the Avast logo and product name.
No.I am in Stable release channel for sure.I clean installed it today.
This might be a bug in one of our BETA versions causing unsuccessful removal of the BETA registry keys. We'll send you a PM with removal steps.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2016, 11:56:58 AM »
I'm getting a really annoying problem that was mentioned in the beta thread for 12.2.2276, the main Avast window / GUI randomly pops up throughout the day for no reason (as if I'm clicking the tray icon or something).  Clean install of 12.2.2276 on Windows 10 Home 64bit and have already had it happen 3 times over 8 hours.  Can we please get a fix for this soon??
See Reply #15.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Be Secure

• Long Time Avast User(10years.....) Security Enthusiast.
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
AOS BETAin AIS Stable version?Pls fixed this Avast!.
Are you in Beta or Release channel?
Version number is the same in both channels, but in beta channel, there is a "BETA" sign on the UI main screen - next to the Avast logo and product name.
No.I am in Stable release channel for sure.I clean installed it today.
This might be a bug in one of our BETA versions causing unsuccessful removal of the BETA registry keys. We'll send you a PM with removal steps.
Thanks.Yes pls. :)
PC- Windows10 EDU 64Bit,avast! free 21.1.2449,uBlock Origin,NVT_OSA,GoogleChrome(64bit),CCleaner,Unchecky,ZAM Free,Shadow Defender.
Security Enthusiast

Offline petr.chytil

• Avast team
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2016, 12:15:01 PM »
I had to follow the update with an installation change to remove Safeprice.  >:(

Yes, the same just happened to me with the latest update. Firefox flagged up the request to install safeprice, I noted the location and tried to delete the folder. Windows tells me I do not have permission to delete these files!

It's my computer which has been invaded by Avast but I'm not permitted to remedy it!

As was said earlier in this thread, please go to Add/remove Programs > Avast Antivirus > Uninstall/Change and there deselect the SafePrice component. This is a new easy way how to remove the plugin from all browsers.

Offline SimmonsTheMad33

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2016, 12:40:44 PM »
Installation went fine through the Avast UI, but it did install Safe Price. Went into Add/Remove Programs and removed Safeprice, but Avast did add a second browser extension to Chrome with that same name as the previous one, only difference was it was titled "Avast Online Security (BETA)" and was loaded alongside the same plugin I had before version number 11.1.0.955.

The BETA version was Version 12.xxxx (Removed it before I wrote down the number for this post)

Not entirely sure if that was safeprice that did that or a bug but w/e. If it was Safeprice's fault, the BETA plugin was not removed from Chrome when I removed the component from Add/Remove -> Change. Had to go into Chrome's extension menu and remove it from there.

Just seems odd Avast would allow two of the same Plugin to run at the same time within a browser...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:50:32 PM by SimmonsTheMad33 »
Motherboard- Asus Z390 Maximus XI Hero / CPU- 8700K / RAM- 32GB DDR4 2666 / GPU- GTX 1070 FE / NVME- Corsair MP510 240GB / Windows 10 64 Home

REDACTED

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2016, 12:55:08 PM »
Installation went fine through the Avast UI, but it did install Safe Price. Went into Add/Remove Programs and removed Safeprice, but Avast did add a second browser extension to Chrome with that same name as the previous one, only difference was it was titled "Avast Online Security (BETA)" and was loaded alongside the same plugin I had before version number 11.1.0.955.

The BETA version was Version 12.xxxx (Removed it before I wrote down the number for this post)

Not entirely sure if that was safeprice that did that or a bug but w/e. If it was Safeprice's fault, the BETA plugin was not removed from Chrome when I removed the component from Add/Remove -> Change. Had to go into Chrome's extension menu and remove it from there.

Just seems odd Avast would allow two of the same Plugin to run at the same time within a browser...

I also had the above.
The Beta version for Avast Online Security is 12.0.81

REDACTED

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2016, 01:06:16 PM »
And the opening of interface all by itself was NOT fixed. It just opned up and stole focus from a game. NOT COOL!  >:(
Yes, you are right, the real root cause of this bug was discovered quite late, so we decided to fix it via emergency update, which is already prepared an currently being tested. It is going to be released first thing in the morning. The reason why we couldn't postpone this release is the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Sorry about that.
I'm facing the same issue with GUI randomly popping up. Is the hotfix postponed maybe?

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2016, 01:21:37 PM »
Regarding SafePrice.
In this new version, by deselecting the SafePrice component in setup, plugin is immediately uninstalled from all browsers.

Not from the SafeZone Browser, and you can't even disable is anymore ( yes a bug ) :

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189163.0
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189150.0

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

REDACTED

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »
I rolled back to previous version of Avast....the idea of these silent installs and other bugs has put HUGE red flag up for me......I'll wait to see if all this is truly a "bug" by hopefully corrected in next month's version.

:-[

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2016, 02:54:58 PM »
I rolled back to previous version of Avast....the idea of these silent installs and other bugs has put HUGE red flag up for me......I'll wait to see if all this is truly a "bug" by hopefully corrected in next month's version.

What silent installs are you talking about ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline petr.chytil

• Avast team
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2016, 02:55:14 PM »
Regarding SafePrice.
By introducing more components in the setup and new options in the Settings > Components menu, we are trying to make it easier for our users to choose which components they want to use.
For example with SafePrice plugin, user had to look for it in each browser's settings. In this new version, by deselecting the SafePrice component in setup, plugin is immediately uninstalled from all browsers.
It is unfortunate you had to remove it once again. However, from now on, it should be much easier to control what is installed and what is not.

It is a shame that the user has to go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast > Uninstall/Change just to remove a component.

I had thought that this new Components feature within the avastUI > Settings the user would be able to uninstall the component, not just disable it. So now it seems a bit redundant, not to mention there are no options for both browser extensions in the Components feature within the avastUI.

We are planning to add browser extensions to the Components menu in one of the upcoming releases.

REDACTED

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2016, 02:55:58 PM »

What silent installs are you talking about ???

SafePrice.......you are ready this thread ?  ???

REDACTED

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »
Regarding SafePrice.
By introducing more components in the setup and new options in the Settings > Components menu, we are trying to make it easier for our users to choose which components they want to use.
For example with SafePrice plugin, user had to look for it in each browser's settings. In this new version, by deselecting the SafePrice component in setup, plugin is immediately uninstalled from all browsers.
It is unfortunate you had to remove it once again. However, from now on, it should be much easier to control what is installed and what is not.

It is a shame that the user has to go to Control Panel > Programs & Features > Avast > Uninstall/Change just to remove a component.

I had thought that this new Components feature within the avastUI > Settings the user would be able to uninstall the component, not just disable it. So now it seems a bit redundant, not to mention there are no options for both browser extensions in the Components feature within the avastUI.

We are planning to add browser extensions to the Components menu in one of the upcoming releases.

Are you going to remove SafePrice "silent install" from the installer or provide op-out option in Custom ? ....if so, now or next month ?

Also, why not bring the "Custom" link/screen up for over the top installs too ?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:08:01 PM by thekochs »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2016, 03:05:56 PM »

you can try remove folder by disable avast self protection
or in safe mode
or using unlocker tool 

This really isn't a solution as there will be remnants and does nothing to remove the extension in your browsers.

The best solution is as been mentioned before, uninstall the safeprice from the avast setup (control panel > programs & features > avast antivirus > Change. Then the user can uncheck safeprice or any other component they don't use or need.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security