Author Topic: NGVCK-E  (Read 3306 times)

riosfernando

NGVCK-E
« on: January 24, 2006, 02:30:27 PM »
Yesterday whe I ran the antivirus I received the following message Infected Win32:NGVCKE,

When I try to send to chest, I received the message; There is not enough space on the disk  Can not process "C:\Program Files\PCstop\AV\PAV.SIG" file.

Then I was unable to repair or move to the chest!!

I have two hard drive in my system with 2.6 GHz between them,  My OP is WXP SP2, Also I have webroot, ad-adware, spy and destry, spyware blaster, win patrol. 

How I can get rid of this virus? any help, please?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: NGVCK-E
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2006, 02:42:15 PM »
The file location looks like it could be a false positive caused by Panda anti-virus unencrypted virus signature files being detected as viruses.

Did you install PCstop, as it would appear it includes panda's unencrypted signatures?
There seems to be little history for PCstop on google, perhaps trying to associate itself with PcPitStop. So long as you have this installed you are going to get these detections and I thing excluding the AV folders contents would be leaving yourself vulnerable.

Not all files can be repaired (either by the VRDB or avast virus cleaner), because the entire content of the file is malware, so it is either move to chest or delete, move to the chest being the best option (first do no harm). When a file is in the chest it can't do any harm and you can investigate the infected warning.

The VRDB only protects certain files, .exe, dll and other system files, it doesn't protect data files or all files, it is not a back-up program, so there are going to be many occasions where repair won't be an option.

Only true virus infection can be repaired, e.g. when a virus infects a file it adds a small part to it, provided that file is one that avast's VRDB would monitor and you have run the VRDB, then it may be possible to repair the file to its uninfected state.
However, for the most part so called viruses, trojans (adware/spyware/malware, etc.) can't be repaired because the complete content of the file is malicious.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 03:30:25 PM »
Hallo Riosfernando,

Read this:
http://www.avast.com/eng/faq_panda.html

polonus

Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

riosfernando

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 12:24:07 AM »
 :)Thank you for the info.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 02:00:52 AM »
No problem, welcome to the forums.

Now would be a good time (whilst things are quite, so to speak) to browse some of the sticky threads at the top of each of the forums. There is a lot of information to help you get the best out of avast.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security