Author Topic: Avast is down for around 24 hours and no staff says anything or response at all  (Read 5956 times)

REDACTED

As you can see in so many posts basically Avast after updated would let your Windows unprotected at all. It has happened around 24 hours and Avast doesn't say anything or response at all. Should we trust Avast at all? Can they at least tell us they are working on it?

REDACTED

Hear hear. I'm very disappointed that they would release such a horribly broken update in the first place, and now we have no acknowledgement. It's so disappointing because avast has not let me down until now.

REDACTED

I'm so glad I'm not alone in this.

I've submitted a support ticket already, but I think I'll go start my own thread, too. It'd be one thing if I'm using Avast Free, but I've actually paid for this software. I had no issues until this ridiculous update, and I can't even see the point of it. Is anti-virus software really so taxing that it needs to be run through the cloud? I'd much rather have the option to leave everything here at home.

REDACTED

It seems that whoever runs the Avast twitter is aware of the problem, and is waiting for information about the issue, like us.

Ha, right now the banner is ironic. Yes, I have better things to do, than stress about my PC not being protected due to a broken update. Way to go avast.

REDACTED

Hear hear. I'm very disappointed that they would release such a horribly broken update in the first place, and now we have no acknowledgement. It's so disappointing because avast has not let me down until now.

I am ok that they make mistakes but at least let us know they are working on it or tell us something.

REDACTED

Sorry for a dumb question but is this happening right now? I can't see any time stamps on these posts, but I updated avast restarted my PC and it says firewall and file background thing is offline, I searched for ages ran in safe mode with networking to check for malware found nothing, then reinstalled avast twice to no avail and now I'm here.

REDACTED

well I'm glad I didn't buy it yet free version same thing this is the most stupid thing I've ever seen this update is a piece of garbage.
uninstalled it everything well next time I have to uninstall it will be for GOOD.and I'll put my purchase on indefinate hold regardless

REDACTED

Yep, this has been happening since the latest update, and there's no fix yet. It seems it's been going on for over 24 hours now...

REDACTED

I am ok that they make mistakes but at least let us know they are working on it or tell us something.

It's not like they left the pickles off my hamburger. I can go without pickles, but I need to know my anti-virus software is going to be there every time. I need to know I can rely on the people claiming to protect my computer.

REDACTED

To be honest I'm just glad it isn't just me with an undetectable virus, but I agree I hate that I have to worry about my PC being unprotected now and that I couldn't find info about this anywhere except from other customers. I expected more from avast.

REDACTED

well I'm glad I didn't buy it yet free version same thing this is the most stupid thing I've ever seen this update is a piece of garbage.
uninstalled it everything well next time I have to uninstall it will be for GOOD.and I'll put my purchase on indefinate hold regardless

If I am not using free version but bought the "pro" version, I think I would be much more upset now.

REDACTED

The lesson I learnt: Before any Avast update in future, I will come to this forum to see if anyone reports it would not even work!

REDACTED

The lesson I learnt: Before any Avast update in future, I will come to this forum to see if anyone reports it would not even work!

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do, too. No more automatic updates for me!

Offline falcongrey

I can assure you that they ARE working on this as desperately as they can to figure out what went wrong and why along with (and more importantly) how to fix it. In the mean time, you can use this tutorial to revert to the previous version: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189195.msg1328202#msg1328202

About all we can do. For some, the new version IS working. For many it isn't for whatever reason. Sadly, Avast doesn't have a built in "update backwards" option or I am sure they would have pushed out a mass revert already.

REDACTED

I can assure you that they ARE working on this as desperately as they can to figure out what went wrong and why along with (and more importantly) how to fix it. In the mean time, you can use this tutorial to revert to the previous version: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189195.msg1328202#msg1328202

About all we can do. For some, the new version IS working. For many it isn't for whatever reason. Sadly, Avast doesn't have a built in "update backwards" option or I am sure they would have pushed out a mass revert already.

Base on what I read in this forum
Basically everyone with windows does not work with this new update, at least over 90%. Actually you are the only one saying there is someone saying the new update works with Windows.
We cannot just "ASSUME" they know and working on it while they say "NOTHING".