Author Topic: [FIXED] You are unprotected! Avast Background service is not running.  (Read 133202 times)

REDACTED

Re: You are unprotected! Avast Background service is not running.
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2016, 12:27:21 PM »
A trustable Antivirus Virus player SHOULD REACT in the minute (our hour)....

And NEVER a major release on Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're killing yoursel guys !

Offline anakin64_

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2016, 12:35:11 PM »
So, eight hours since the last post and no update? O checked the avast twitter page, and no mention of the issue or ETA of any solution. Not happy . It also seems to have turned off Windows Defender, or is that also a glitch ?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:39:30 PM by anakin64_ »

Offline Alpha-UMi

• Der Ãœberdenker
  • "Vitam impendere vero"
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2016, 12:38:17 PM »
As we want to prevent another issue we are spending more time testing the update. We'll let you know as soon as it's deployed. (ETA: very soon)

Thank you guys for your support!

Hi, does "very soon" mean "today"? I've reinstalled Avast, with no success obviously. Now I'm just waiting...
"Vitam impendere vero"

REDACTED

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
AVAST IS DEAD....

Offline vianello_85

• from Italy
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
A trustable Antivirus Virus player SHOULD REACT in the minute (our hour)....

And NEVER a major release on Friday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're killing yoursel guys !
If in the server was available the installer offline on the new version and the previous one , the impact of the problem would have been minimal .
I hope that the staff will receive this my suggestion .

I wait the new version

Offline EmoHobo

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2016, 12:45:57 PM »
Not to say you should rush the update out but...

REDACTED

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2016, 12:48:25 PM »
After trying many solution to get Windows Defender alive, after avast Update crash, I am "happy" to see other posts in this issue.
But story should be told why avast pushed a killer update for antivirus and it takes hours, days to resolve?
Rookie style.

REDACTED

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2016, 12:48:47 PM »
Should the QA BASIC TESTS have been passed properly... such a huge mess would have never happend.

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »
AVAST IS DEAD....

@Hervé12 : Althrough I understand your frustration these comments are not helping. And because this is a public forum not a support ticket there are some rules. I'd more than happy to listen to your complaints at https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=3 but please don't post them here...

We know that we could do it better. And we all wish that this damaged patch would never go out. But it happened. We are trying to do our best to fix it.
Quality is also a feature.

REDACTED

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2016, 12:51:50 PM »
AVAST IS DEAD....

@Hervé12 : Althrough I understand your frustration these comments are not helping. And because this is a public forum not a support ticket there are some rules. I'd more than happy to listen to your complaints at https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new?form=3 but please don't post them here...

We know that we could do it better. And we all wish that this damaged patch would never go out. But it happened. We are trying to do our best to fix it.

OK but it's a free forum right. You guys are making my PCs not protected... do I have to be pleased ????

REDACTED

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2016, 12:53:07 PM »
This is Unacceptable.
I am fed up with this and unless Avast is going to do more than just work again I'm going to end my subscription.
I use Avast because i need proper control over my PC, so yes avast may be working even though it says it doesn't but Í cant momentarily disable the firewall, its running but as it displays as not running i cant turn it off, i cant simply end the process because guess what? access denied!
so well done avast, well done I gotta uninstall avast because it gives me better control than a running avast which begs the question... why do i need to pay for avast?

Plus what is taking you so long if you cant undo a simple update or send out a simple email to your paying customers about the situation. I have to seriously doubt your competence and If i really want you to be the one to protect me.

REDACTED

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2016, 12:55:31 PM »
Thank goodness I have found this forum.
Since I updated the Avast program and have been getting the "You are Unprotected" icon in the Notification area on my laptop I have tried to reboot several times and done a complete Uninstall and Uploaded Avast software again and nothing changed.
The forum was great in providing the an answer and telling you that a fix to the problem was immanent and that it was still safe to use.
                             Many thanks from this nervous senior citizen.   

REDACTED

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:23 PM »
Was working fine till I ran the update manually I've even downgraded to the last version and it still will not work says a service is trying to stop the program from activating I've done full spyware scans and everything yet no matter what version I install it still screws up

Offline anakin64_

« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2016, 12:56:32 PM »
Lukas, just reading these posts, should I put in a ticket, or do you have enough information from the earlier posts to not not require one. Also is the turning off of Defender a complication of the update or a different issue ? I am in a way happy that others are having this problem as well. I have run all the scans I could, thinking it was a virus issue.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 12:58:30 PM by anakin64_ »

Offline Rowan Boatman

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
When a new stable update is available how will we go about updating it? I only ask because currently with the free version on one of my computers with the not protected stuff it says 1970 or whatever for the version date and when you click update in the pop up...nothing seems to happen at all.

Will something magically be happening when you click update after it is released or what?

Also I have another computer which recognises the update is there and says out of date and I switched it to manual so as to not install this bung update, what will happen with that one given it is currently pointing at the bung update? Will it just automatically adjust when the new one is pushed out because I can't search for a new one whilst the bung one is currently being pointed at to update to, hope that made sense :P