Author Topic: Just a thank you  (Read 4566 times)

Wildman

Just a thank you
« on: February 02, 2006, 04:53:32 AM »
 ;D Some individuals may know me form post at other sites, and also know my disgust with another virus protection program. Well I just wanted to say, that due to the generosity of another, I am now utilizing The PRO addition of AVAST. I had the "free" once before, but really didn't know how to set all the options, and when it slowed down the response of my machine I got rid of it. Well time has passed, I have learned more, and have figured out a few things. I now can say that this product is working like a champ, and I foresee myself using it for a long time to come. I just wanted to say thank you for a great product, and the support to which you give it. I am dependent upon using "freeware" wherever possible, so this product is a blessing for me, and I wouldn't doubt many others as well.

Thanks
Wildman

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Just a thank you
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 04:05:58 PM »
Glad you have finaly seen the light ;D

Welcome back.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 08:02:06 PM »

Yes ... Welcome back, Wildman! We are glad for your return.    :)

FastGame

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 02:04:05 AM »
Welcome back Wildman, hope you continue to stay happy.  8)

Wildman

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 05:47:47 PM »
 ;) Man oh man, I just downloaded the updates on dail-up, took 12 seconds. You bet I am now a happy camper. I do have a suggestion, for individuals like me, you might want to have an instruction section in this forum on how to set up AVAST and utilize the various options, and make it real simple to understand, this is why I left AVAST in the first place, I didn't understand on how to set it up or use it. I could have saved myself a bunch of grief had I known these things.
I now unabashedly would recommend this product to all who would listen to me. As a good deal of you know I look at more than just how well the product detects viruses, and this company and product has impressed me. Keep up the excellent work.

Thanks
Wildman

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 05:58:25 PM »
Help file does help, but many people simply don't know it's actually there ;)
Reading FAQ also helps quiet a bit. If you don't understand something after that you can quick search the forums and then ask in new thread.
There is lots of info resources, you just have to search a bit through them.
If you know how to Google you should be fine ;)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 06:09:37 PM »
There are a number of sticky threads at the top of each forum full of useful information to help you get the best from avast.

As RejZoR says, the help file is really helpfull ;D and out of the box the default settings work for most people, giving a balance between performance and protection.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Wildman

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2006, 04:43:06 AM »
 ::) Know of another individual who is not enthused with the afore alluded to virus protection program on his sisters computer. He has gone an installed another product on her machine stating that he did not chose AVAST because she couldn't understand it. RejZor, you should direct him to this forum and the threads you have indicated. I would be safe in saying that I think if he could get to feel comfortable he would be much better off with AVAST. I don't have the technical knowledge to feel comfortable doing this myself, thus I solicit your assistance in trying to convince him.

Thanks
Wildman