Author Topic: Custom Folder - Real-Time Acceptions in Avast?  (Read 1658 times)

REDACTED

Custom Folder - Real-Time Acceptions in Avast?
« on: August 13, 2016, 09:56:12 PM »
Is there anyway I can add a Real-Time Acception to my Avast? I was told that my games could be getting slowed down because of Avast. So if I add an Acception of my Steam Folder into it, it would stop scanning that when it is opened.

Also I am aware that it is not infectious at all.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Custom Folder - Real-Time Acceptions in Avast?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:03 PM »
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB168

Keep in mind that it is reducing the security.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 11:35:11 PM »
If you aren't getting an avast alert, then an exception may not have any effect.

Excluding a file from scanning doesn't actually stop its activity from being scanned, only the exclusion of the scan when the file is executed/run.

Unfortunately there is no exclusion on the processes activity - like in the web shield - for the file system shield.

EDIT: That said, I/we don't really know when you think avast is impeding the game as it would probably be filtered through the web shield.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 11:40:32 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 06:25:32 AM »
If you aren't getting an avast alert, then an exception may not have any effect.

Excluding a file from scanning doesn't actually stop its activity from being scanned, only the exclusion of the scan when the file is executed/run.

Unfortunately there is no exclusion on the processes activity - like in the web shield - for the file system shield.

EDIT: That said, I/we don't really know when you think avast is impeding the game as it would probably be filtered through the web shield.
Someone had told me that my games could be slowed down because of this... I am just trying to find answers if this will actually help or if I can ignore it. My games are running fine now...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 03:12:46 PM »
What did you do so that your games are running fine now... ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security