Author Topic: On-Access Scanner  (Read 4041 times)

fritzero9

On-Access Scanner
« on: January 28, 2006, 11:13:11 PM »
I keep getting messages from the On-Access Scanner saying it stopped different viruses/ ad-ware. At first I thought it was the show detailed info, so i disabled that and some of the pop ups stopped. But I still get pop ups when avast! finds stuff.

How do I turn these pop ups off? I have my web shield set to silent mode and I have the show detailed info disabled on all the modules. I've been running avast for about 3 or 4 months I think and these messaged didn't start until I got a Trojan horse warning earlier this week.

Thanks

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: On-Access Scanner
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 11:15:32 PM »
I'm not sure but I think webshield will always produce an alert if it detects a virus, if not someone who knows will be along soon. Although I have never set webshield to silent cos I want to know if I hit a bad site..  Welcome to the forum

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 11:16:44 PM »

Well, shouldn't you be interested in correcting the trojan horse infection instead of silencing the warnings?     :o   ???

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 11:18:05 PM »
Having read your post properly now what was the trojan and was it fixed, or is it still active

fritzero9

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 11:27:37 PM »
It was fixed and locked in the chest, now I just get adware pop up all the time but I don't know where they are coming from and why they won't stop.

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 11:29:29 PM »
Ok have you done a spyware scan.  And are these popups from avast or are they advertising

fritzero9

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 11:37:25 PM »
I did a spyware scan with Ad-Aware and it found and cleaned a bunch of stuff.

These messages are from avast! on-access scanner, they look like the detailed info messages, but they don't say it's scaning, they just say certain files contain stuff.

If I turn off silent mode for the web shield, the message will apear at the same time as the web shield warning (the one that tells me to 'abort connection').

DOes that help any?

CharleyO

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 11:50:59 PM »

Can you post screen shots of the avast on-access scanner warning messages? That would help much in solving the problem.    :)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 11:54:26 PM »
Sounds like standard  shield is detecting stuff as the files are being opened on your computer Can you clear your temporary internet files and let us know what programmes/sites you are visiting when you get the alert

fritzero9

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2006, 12:30:41 AM »
Ok I just cleared my temp interent files and rebooted. As soon as windows came up and avast started I got the message, I never even opened a site nor ran any other programs.

I don't know how to take a screen shot on my pc either, but here is the info from the avast warnings;

Warning 1

File name: http://85.255.115.187/users/fill/web/images/sphlp32.jpg

Malware name: Win32:Adan-094 [Adw]

Malware type: Adware

VPS version: 0604-4, 01/27/2006

Warning 2

file name: http://85.255.115.187/users/fill/web/images/pppcgm.jpg

Maleware name: Win32:Adan-078 [Adw]

Malware type: Adware

VPS version: 0604-4, 01/27/2006

These warning always come together and in the same order. The only option it gives me is to abort connection, so I turned silent mode on (which auto-aborts connection) and thought that would stop it. But I still get a smaller yellow and blue message on the bottom right side of my screen (right above the taskbar/ tray icons).

Is this just what avast does, if so can I turn it off somehow? Or is there something worng?

Thnks for any help.

fritzero9

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2006, 12:45:41 AM »
Ok, I added the two files to my block URL list in the web shield settings then cleared my temp internet files and rebooted. The messages/ warning didn't apear this time. Was that the right thing to do?

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2006, 01:34:40 PM »
Yes until we can get it sorted. what was the full file path and name of the infected files,  although as the blocked url has stopped it it would suggest that something is trying to get into your computer.  Do you have a firewall