Author Topic: Avast Upgrade to Internet Security problem in completing the order  (Read 2967 times)

REDACTED

Dear all,
Upgraded to Internet Security from the free version.

The installation and activation seemed working, and the version is showing Internet Security now.

However there is a prompt showing

You've left something in your cart
We noticed that you didn't finalize your recent Avast order

Open the cart (button)

I did not receive any email on the purchase, license key and invoice, etc

But clicking 'Open the cart' button showed all the different options for products and prices

Any idea how to finalize order?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Daryl

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Upgrade to Internet Security problem in completing the order
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 09:14:41 AM »
How did you activate IS if you haven't gotten a email ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 04:12:23 PM »
@ daryllim
I have seen this before when I was checking something out for someone in the forums. I went into the avast store to follow through a product purchase without completing the payment. There doesn't appear to be a way of reducing an order to zero, so I backed out of the store.

For a few days after that I kept getting a reminder that there is something in the cart. I didn't do anything about this other than leave it for those few days and the reminders stopped.

Did you look at any other products in the store other than IS (that could inadvertently left something in the cart) ?

You could try the Resend avast License https://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

If you actually completed/finalised the order then this should confirm it by sending an email with a copy of the license file.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 03:35:21 AM »
Thanks guys for replies.

Hi Eddy, there is a automatic process after the purchase (I think it is all, credit card details, payment etc is done within the GUI and not through the web browser) I remember it took quite long before the program upgraded to Internet Security. It took quite a while towards the last part on the renewing and activation. So there was no prompt on entering license key. The strangest thing but it just worked that the program name showed Internet Security with the new GUI. The free version that was used a year ago and used to do the upgrade, the version is different and the GUI is different. I cannot simulate the process anymore.

Yes David, I did the resending of the license file to the registered email. And received the license key. In the email, it says to double click the license file to install, but I have not tried yet. Because I was doing for someone else, and need to confirm what's her screen looks like now in Avast, and whether or not it is still showing 'left something in the cart" error.

Thanks again.

Daryl

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 10:00:30 AM »
It is correct that you will get reminders if you don't complete a purchase in the store.
They continue for 3 (if I remember correctly) days and then stop.
Someone from avast has confirmed it on this webboard.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2016, 04:23:28 PM »
Thanks guys for replies.

Hi Eddy, there is a automatic process after the purchase (I think it is all, credit card details, payment etc is done within the GUI and not through the web browser) I remember it took quite long before the program upgraded to Internet Security. It took quite a while towards the last part on the renewing and activation. So there was no prompt on entering license key. The strangest thing but it just worked that the program name showed Internet Security with the new GUI. The free version that was used a year ago and used to do the upgrade, the version is different and the GUI is different. I cannot simulate the process anymore.

Yes David, I did the resending of the license file to the registered email. And received the license key. In the email, it says to double click the license file to install, but I have not tried yet. Because I was doing for someone else, and need to confirm what's her screen looks like now in Avast, and whether or not it is still showing 'left something in the cart" error.

Thanks again.

Daryl

1. If the transaction is done within the avastUI, I believe it should enter the license into the existing installation. The license if I remember right should also be in the users my.avast.com account under licenses.

2. You can save the license file attachment to the hard disk and copy it to a usb stick. This can then be transferred to the users system and double clicked (if required), the user can save that license file should it be necessary in the future.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2016, 04:50:54 PM »
Hi yes, the prompts will stop, but that's really weird you got the message if you already purchased the product? Did you restarted PC after the purchase?