Author Topic: Since last night Avast VPN cannot connect  (Read 4006 times)

Offline catlin_mc

Since last night Avast VPN cannot connect
« on: August 19, 2016, 04:07:28 AM »
My Avast VPN was working perfectly apart from it dropping connection now and again but it always reconnected, but since last night it says it has no connection and can't connect to the internet.
Last night for some reason my connection to the internet became a public connection which I have never told it to be and it wouldn't allow me to connect even without VPN, but I closed down the VPN and then my connection came back and when I tried to connect the VPN to the internet again it instantly told me I had no internet connection, now it simply can't connect because it says it has no connection, although I can now still connect no problem.
Can anyone give me some advice on how to set up Win 7 so it will allow Avast VPN to connect again.
I really hope someone can help with this, thank you.

Offline catlin_mc

Re: Since last night Avast VPN cannot connect
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 08:35:54 PM »
Well now it seems I can connect to the internet with secureline vpn running, only, in the Network and Sharing Centre it still has a red X between me and the internet.
Does anyone think I might have an infection or something, as this just seems really weird?
I mean last night when I tried to put the vpn on it couldn't connect and now it can, and last night I couldn't connect to the internet when vpn was on and now it's gone back to normal. It's all very strange, although I wouldn't put it past the UK government for corrupting everyone's internet connection.
Anyway, thanks for no help on figuring this out and I guess you can call this fixed although if it happens again I will be back.
I now have less faith in Avast vpn to keep me safe out here.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 08:44:00 PM »
Anyway, thanks for no help on figuring this out
Learn to have patience.
The people who are here trying to help others are not sitting around doing nothing but waiting for you to join wanting help.

Offline catlin_mc

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 09:28:54 PM »
I'm really sorry, I know I sounded terrible, I was just feeling cranky on my last post but I'm glad that whatever happened with the vpn has stopped.
I do realize you're not all sitting around waiting for a question from me and that you no doubt have many many people to help, so please forgive my crankiness and keep doing the great things that I have always loved about Avast.

Cat