Author Topic: No response from registration bot or support  (Read 2375 times)

fishee

No response from registration bot or support
« on: February 03, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »
Hi

I have tried unsuccessfully several times to register/obtain a license key for your fine product (avast 4 home edition/personal use).  I've filled out the form on your website multiple times but never get a response.  I have the avast.com domain authorized as a sender in my email filter, as well as support@avast.com and register@avast.com on my allowed senders list yet your bot never seems to send anything.  Please let me know what to do (can I register privately via these forums maybe?)

Thanks!

Offline XMAS

• Avast translator
  • Super Poster
  • Santa is watching you ;)
    • avast! in Bulgarian
Re: No response from registration bot or support
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 02:05:36 PM »
Hello :)

Try registering with other e-mail address ;)
You've Got To Get Close To The Flame To See What It's Made Of...

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 05:39:07 PM »
You can use the 60 day unrestricted trial using the Demo key, so there is no immediate rush.

What is the domain part of your email address?
Does your ISP have any spam filtering?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

fishee

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 08:22:54 PM »
I tried a different email addy, still no luck.  My 60-day demo expired hence my need to get a key for the additional 14 months.

CharleyO

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 08:37:33 PM »

Welcome to the forums, fishee!    :)

I am sorry that you are having a problem with registering. Have you tried sending an email to ... support @ avast.com (no spaces needed)?

Also, David asked about spam filtering by your ISP. I would also ask if you use your own spam filtering program? If so, you might need to exclude avast.com from being filtered ... depending on how aggressive the spam filtering is.