Author Topic: upgrade  (Read 1147 times)

REDACTED

upgrade
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:49:36 PM »
I already pay the upgraded price of $39.99 to clean and keep my computer running smoothly, why does the screen always come up telling me to upgrade to get these tasks done? ???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: upgrade
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2016, 11:52:36 PM »
More details and a screenshot might help...
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: upgrade
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2016, 11:55:10 PM »
Avast Cleanup isn't included as part of the Avast subscription, but it still scans your system by default during a Smart Scan (although you can turn this off) which leads to an offer to purchase it when it inevitably turns something up during the Smart Scan.

Personally, while I like Avast, I consider this to be pretty cynical on their part.

If you go to Settings, General, scroll down to Smart Scan, you can turn off Scan For Performance Issues which will stop Avast Cleanup notes in a Smart Scan.

You can also go to Settings, Components, and turn off Avast Cleanup in there.

Depending on your subscription level, you may also have other components enabled which you can't actually use - not sure how it works on levels below Premier, but I do recall a few years back when I had Internet Security, rather than Premier, the Software Updater would alert to out of date software, but wouldn't update it because it was/is a Premier-only component.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 12:00:48 AM by Garrell »