Author Topic: Unable tp locate your device after last update  (Read 4469 times)

REDACTED

Unable tp locate your device after last update
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:59:06 PM »
After the last update (when a lot of things changed) I am unable to locate any of my devices from the web site. I have three phones under the same account and neither one cannot be located anymore. I have one 5.1, one 4.2 and one 6.0 device.
Any idea what went wrong?

REDACTED

Re: Unable tp locate your device after last update
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 01:20:06 AM »
Have some more details here:
Two of my devices have Avast Anti-theft 4.1.3, one is still on version 1.1 (as it is reported on the Web portal)
All attempts to locate devices are timed out. I am able to send messages though.

Offline tabletmaster

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 07:13:45 PM »
The latest Avast Anti-Theft removes your settings.  It will prompt you to reconfigure the app from scratch.

This has caused me to lose connectivity and control of about 150 devices that were issued to employees . . .

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2016, 01:14:55 AM »
I'm with same prob... after last update can't do anything from myavast and don't know how to reconfigure...

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2016, 01:39:36 AM »
Problem solved!

I've installed avast mobility center app,  in the menu opened and accessed anti theft configuration from there... then tested from myavast and everything working as good!

Try it...  8)

Offline tabletmaster

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2016, 02:00:47 AM »
The update this afternoon behaves slightly better than the one from earlier.  It at least preserves the my.avast.com account credentials, but it still insists on having the end-users set their own anti-theft PIN replacing the one set at the corporate office.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 02:29:35 AM »
Realized that only works with mobility center instaled...

After reconfigured anti theft with mobility center everything seems to work well then unistalled mobility center and from myavast keeps not responding again...

Then reinstalled mobility center and everythings works good from myavast...

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »
Avast anti thef hiçbir özellik çalışmıyor.

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2016, 01:05:48 AM »
All my devices appeared twice now on MyAvast Account page. The older versions are all orphans now - cannot even send messages to them. "New" versions accept messages but still cannot be located on the map. Locate my device was the main and only reason I use Avast Anti Theft. Any feedback from developers on this issue?

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2016, 04:30:22 AM »
Just want to let everyone here know this same issue was started in this thread https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=189449.0 on August 4.

The moderator Hermansky said he was looking into it for the posters (such as myself) who are having the issues y'all are having.

REDACTED

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2016, 06:40:38 PM »
Thank you for letting us know.