Author Topic: PROBLEMS WITH NOV 26 NEW VERSI0N UPDATE  (Read 6249 times)

diane1jp

PROBLEMS WITH NOV 26 NEW VERSI0N UPDATE
« on: November 30, 2003, 07:58:14 AM »
I UPDATED TO THE LATEST VERSION ON NOV 26, AND RESTARTED MY COMPUTER AND WHILE LOADING PROGRAMS BACK INTO THE SYSTEM TRAY,  I GET THE ERROR READING: ERROR STARTING PROGRAM.  THE ASHBASE.DLL FILE IS LINKED TO MISSING EXPERT ASWCMNB.DLL:?LOG @CLog@@QAAKHKGQAEKZZ. I AM USING WINDOWS 98 SE, PENTIUM, 150 MHz, 48MB RAM, I HAVE DIAL-UP AT 28K AND USING ZONE ALARM AS MY FIREWALL. NO PROBLEMS UP TO NOW WITH UPDATING NEW VERSIONS AND DATABASES.  I NEED HELP WITH THIS PROBLEM.  I WELL APPRECIATE ANY HELP  I CAN GET.  E-MAIL diane1jp @yahoo.com

r_du_neuf_trois

Re:PROBLEMS WITH NOV 26 NEW VERSI0N UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2003, 11:46:49 AM »
Did you try to reinstall the whole package ?
This is my advice only, but it's founded on experience.
I've got many troubles with the automatic updates, I don't know why but sometimes the tray icon disappeared or I got Win error messages. This is why I switched to manual 2 months ago. Once a day, at least, I check for new database and software versions, and it runs fine.
We have 3 computers here in the house and we've got identical problems on the 3 which are solved now with this method.

kubecj

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2003, 02:31:01 PM »
Diane, please, send me the file setup.log from avast4\setup directory together with short explanation to setup-support AT asw D0t cz

Then go to Control Panel, Add/Remove programs, avast! antivirus, Change/Remove and click on 'Repair' button. Then reboot.

diane1jp

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 06:56:55 AM »
Thank you for your help.  I went to the Control Panel to add/remove programs, avast! antivirus, I did not find a  repair button, I kept on clicking next, until it was installing itself. I rebooted with no error messages and  it is in my system tray. I was able to do a thorough scan for virus and the VRDB generated for a little while when the computer was idle. It even updated a database when I got online. So everything is working now like it should be.  (I forgot to mention, I updated to the latest version when I clicked on the blue box announcing a new version. I am using Avast4 Home Edition).

Thank You very much
diane1jp :)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 07:50:05 PM »
Thank you for your help.  I went to the Control Panel to add/remove programs, avast! antivirus, I did not find a  repair button, I kept on clicking next, until it was installing itself. I rebooted with no error messages and  it is in my system tray. I was able to do a thorough scan for virus and the VRDB generated for a little while when the computer was idle. It even updated a database when I got online. So everything is working now like it should be.  (I forgot to mention, I updated to the latest version when I clicked on the blue box announcing a new version. I am using Avast4 Home Edition).

Thank You very much
diane1jp :)

To see the Repair button you must:
Go to the Control Panel
Click on Add/Remove Programs
Choose  avast! antivirus
Click Change/Remove
Then you'll see a window with these options:
Change / Uninstall / Update / Repair

Is it ok for you now?
The best things in life are free.

diane1jp