Author Topic: Archive files  (Read 4553 times)

1dodo

Archive files
« on: December 05, 2003, 07:44:04 PM »
Sorry folks if this is a real dumb question but I'm very much new in this area. I'm using the free version on Win98 and cannot find the place to activate 'scan archive files'. Is that function only for the Pro version? I have searched everywhere and only find more problems than solutions. This forum is a scary site to read.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re:Archive files
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2003, 07:49:01 PM »
Hi and welcome,

This is just from my admittedly faulty memory, but hopefully I'm close.

When you click on that "local drives" at the right to indicate that's what you want to scan, you'll get a pop-up at the top with a slider to select how "intense" a scan you want.

If I remember correctly, that's also where the tick-box is for also checking archives.

Best,
Mike
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 08:02:14 PM »
Hi and welcome,

This is just from my admittedly faulty memory, but hopefully I'm close.

When you click on that "local drives" at the right to indicate that's what you want to scan, you'll get a pop-up at the top with a slider to select how "intense" a scan you want.

If I remember correctly, that's also where the tick-box is for also checking archives.

Best,
Mike

Mike, I think you're correct  ;D
1dodo, do you still have problems?

Do you post twice (the same forum name)... See the forum page.
The best things in life are free.

1dodo

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 08:12:19 PM »
Thanks Mike, its been there all the time, rather careless of me. The double posting my fault, promise it will not happen again. Thanks folks!

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2003, 08:58:54 PM »
thats ok  :)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay