Author Topic: License Expired Message on computers  (Read 2306 times)

REDACTED

License Expired Message on computers
« on: August 25, 2016, 05:03:40 PM »
We are now getting pop-ups on many of our systems that the license is expired and yo are unprotected. Are we truly unprotected? Many of the options are greyed out in the Avast! program interface.

With these issues that have been happening since the 12.1.512 update, we are now considering going back to Sophos or another paid AV.

REDACTED

Re: License Expired Message on computers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 08:28:06 PM »
We're also having the same issue.  When I tried to create a task on the web console, it sits there and doesn't do anything.

If I tried to do a manual update from the device, it comes up with "online content is available" (albeit I can ping the web console from the client and vice versa and has internet connectivity).

Was there an update bug that's causing this?  Right now I have 10 devices that are sitting as "in danger" while waiting for an update since yesterday.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:30:56 PM by TechDude2013 »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 08:40:43 PM »
Their support said it has been sent up to their engineering. When mine finally do resolve the license, I get duplicates in the console. Another know issue that has yet to be resolved.

For one, I am getting frustrated with this product. We are now in the process of evaluating other AV programs. We dumped Sophos a year ago when they changed their licensing scheme that would have tripled our costs.

Offline misak

• Avast team
    • Personal page (CZE)
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 10:39:40 AM »
Please upgrade to the latest AV client version 12.3.2515 (build 12.3.3154.0). Please check if all services are running (bcc.exe, bccavsvc.exe, avastsvc.exe).