Author Topic: Avast Secureline VPN  (Read 1912 times)

Offline healthnutbill

Avast Secureline VPN
« on: August 25, 2016, 11:01:11 PM »
I am using a trial to the VPN but it is not doing what I thought it would do. I live in the country of Panama. However I do internet marketing and most of that is done to a USA audience. I use Facebook for mkting. They have a tool called audience insight that helps you define your audience for successfull targeting. When i use that tool is sees my Panama IP address and gives me Spanish info which is worthless to me. I thought by using the VPN that would change but is still comes us exactly the same. Am I  wrong in thinking it should hide my IP and give me USA data since I tell it that is the country I am mkting to.   It says the location is Miami. Therefore I would think that it would give me US info but almost all the suggestions are Spanish related and are identical to when I did not us the VPN.  Help please

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Secureline VPN
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 11:15:59 PM »
A VPN is not about hiding a IP, but about encrypting data that is being transfered.

Besides looking at a IP, there are a lot of other ways to see/guess where you are.
Geo-information send by your browser, very sophisticated algorithms and more.

By signing up with Facebook, you already provided them with a lot of information about you and your location.

Offline healthnutbill

Re: Avast Secureline VPN
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 03:28:54 AM »
Thank you.  That is what I needed to know. What I need is a proxy then not a VPN.