Author Topic: EasyPass renewal license key not working, no response from support ticket  (Read 38685 times)

REDACTED

Hello,

I recently renewed my Avast EasyPass password manager and received the confirmation email with the license key.  When I enter the license key I get an error that says the key is currently in use.  I have spent several hours on the phone with Avast support technicians and billing technicians and no one seems to know what is wrong or how to fix it and they have logged in several times to fix it.  I probably have over 50 website passwords stored in EasyPass and I haven't been able to access them for several days.  I submitted support tickets and no one responded.  Technicians said they submitted support tickets for me, but I was told by another technician this was impossible.  Can someone please hep me to get EasyPass working I need to access my passwords immediately.

Apparently they want me to buy a support package that costs $180 and this is extortion.

Thanks.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Easypass has been replaced by avast passwords several months ago,

REDACTED

I have no idea what you are taking about, I just renewed it, I PAID for it, and it better be working with ALL of my passwords ASAP.  I have heard nothing at all about what you said.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
I submitted support tickets and no one responded.
Post your ticket-ID.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
I don't think there is a ticket ID since the user has to create a ticket.
That third party company doesn't create tickets for people.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
I don't think there is a ticket ID since the user has to create a ticket.
If so: https://support.avast.com/support/tickets/new
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Re: EasyPass renewal license key not working, no response from support ticket
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 01:17:46 PM »
sekramer10 :  I know I can find my passcards under Documents - My RoboForm - Default - and here it lists all of my passcards.   I click the one I want and then right click, open.  From there I can copy and paste my info.  I hope this helps until they get this straightened out.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 06:16:19 PM »

Yesterday, this happened for me.  Bought a new licence - paid for, new key sent by email.

Entered the Renew License.

Use 'go fill', window saying need to renew license!.  Entered licence key:get: "Failed. Response of the server: ERROR 316.License key already in use"

In email that provided the new key, this number given:

Do you need help with installation? Call us 0800 404 7326. We are happy to help you with any technical issue.

The number is unobtainable!

Spoke to 'Support' via Abvast Website, not much help.  Raised a ticket: #585546

No response yet.

Got frustrated today, thought I must have done something wrong.  Bought another renew licence key (£9.99).  Same thing happened!  Not pleased.

So what next?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 06:19:52 PM »
Have some patience.
avast is normally handling tickets within 2 business days.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »

So its now been a week since I purchased a renew key and six days (4 working days) since I raised support ticket #585546.

I also purchased a second key (thought I must have done something wrong) and this still doesn't work.

Heard nothing from 'Avast Customer Care'

On both, still get: Failed. Response of the server: ERROR 316 License key already in use

Seems I am not alone in having this problem.

And Avast are still letting you buy new Licence keys!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 10:45:15 AM »
So its now been a week since I purchased a renew key and six days (4 working days) since I raised support ticket #585546.
I reported it for you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »
So did I ;D

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2016, 10:54:08 AM »

Looks like there are a few of us with this Renew issue. 

What do you suggest we do as nothing seems to be forthcoming from Avast Customer Care?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2016, 10:56:57 AM »
Sit tight and be patient, you should get a reply from the team soon.

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2016, 06:34:28 PM »
was this ever fixed? I am now having the same problem