Author Topic: Avast blocking site  (Read 2178 times)

REDACTED

Avast blocking site
« on: August 30, 2016, 10:19:08 PM »
I have been trying to access an AEP Southwest site: "http://www.swepcogridsmart.com/texas/index.html" for a few weeks and keep getting a "Threat blocked" box saying I have a MAL infection.  Now even though this is a big utility (and this problem has since cropped up as I tried to access AEP sited in LA and AR as well.  I realize there may be an infection so I ran the url through Virus Total and the url is clean.  I need to access these sites and they appear clean.  I know that family members on other computers can access the site.  How can I unblock this site?

Thanks

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast blocking site
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:24:32 PM »
URL:Mal means IP and/or domain is blacklisted.

VirusTotal does not scan websites.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:18:53 AM »
That being the case - is there any way for me to get around this?  I am working on my wife's pc and can easily access the site - she doesn't have avast. 

Offline krypton

• Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 05:29:00 AM »
URL:Mal means IP and/or domain is blacklisted.

VirusTotal does not scan websites.

hello

i want to ask that if virus total do not scans websites then what is the function of virust total where we need to put url of site?i use website url there sometimes to check if that site having malware or not.

what does virus total checks if we put website url?

thank you.
LAPTOP: LENOVO G50, 4 GB RAM, 500 GB HARD DISK, AVAST PREMIUM SECURITY 2020, WINDOWS 8.1

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:04 AM »
what does virus total checks if we put website url?
It is a blacklist check

If you want to scan for infections, after VT blacklist scan click > Additional information < scroll down to bottom and click the Sucuri link and/or Quttera link

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 08:04:40 AM by Pondus »

Offline HonzaZ

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 08:37:42 AM »
Hi,
swepcogridsmart[.]com was blocked as it shares IP with many malicious sites. I am unblocking the domain now, but I suggest moving it to another hosting before the whole IP gets blocked.