Author Topic: Annoying Message  (Read 9645 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Annoying Message
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2016, 07:37:59 AM »
All you have to do is remove/disable WebRep/AOS...
As a side note, it's now called "Browser protection".
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2016, 07:49:21 AM »
avast need to stop changing the name.
This old man can't keep up with all the changes ;D

Offline lakrsrool

• Advanced Poster
  • Get the Picture !
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2016, 10:19:40 AM »
Well I still have this AVAST Monster to contend with. I tried going direct to Avast, and they didn't want to know about it, just told me to go to forums. If I uninstall Avast all together will it go away?

I'm not sure why people can't just simply tell you what the acronym "AOS" stands for, but it is Avast Online Security which is one of many optional components of Avast.

I have attached a screenshot image of what this components icon looks like in your browser.

You should be able to remove this specific optional Avast Online Security (AOS) component using the link that Eddy posted on page 1, but here is the link again  Managing individual program components in the Avast 2016 setup configuration <-- click here

As others have noted on this page this Avast component is currently called "Browser Protection" (instead of "Avast Online Security") which you will see if you click on the link above and scroll down the page to "figure 2" where all of the components are listed.  Uncheck "Browser Protection" (or "Avast Online Security" for older versions of Avast) and click on the "Change" button (which will remove the component from Avast).

Reading through that page explains how you get to that point where you can remove the component.

You understand that you're getting this message because this component is supposed to be providing "browser protection" or to rephrase using the previous terminology provide "online security".  Removing the component from Avast will serve to remove the message you're getting that you don't want to see anymore.  ;)
Processor: i3 2.53 GHz 4 GIG RAM, OS: WIN 7, Connection: High Speed, Virus/Malware Protection: Avast-2015, SpywareBlaster, Windows Firewall & Defender. Email: Outlook 2010 w/ POP Peeper Email Notifiers.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »
Why not simply stop running protected mode, allow the AOS add-on, save your settings and restart your browser in protected mode ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2016, 03:45:09 PM »

The default setting for Internet Explorer's internet zone is to have protected mode on. So, why isn't this happening to others?

Enable/Disable Add-Ons
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17447/windows-internet-explorer-11-manage-add-ons
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:18:35 PM by Charyb »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2016, 07:22:07 PM »
Perhaps because not everyone runs Internet Explorer.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
Perhaps because not everyone runs Internet Explorer.
The problem jvsimo1 is having is with Internet Explorer. Not Chrome or Firefox or any other browser. Maybe I should have added, "using Internet Explorer" at the end of my sentence.

REDACTED

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2016, 03:23:23 PM »
Ok, OK, Ok, guess who is a happy chappy, little old me. I finally got this reply from Avast,,,,,
Hello,

Thank you for the message.

We are sorry about this inconvenience. Looks like you system permission are configured so that Avast add-ons need a permission to run every time.
In order to stop the notifications from Avast browser add-ons, you can deactivate the browser protection feature.
For this, open the Control Panel and go to Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features. Double-click on Avast Antivirus and select Modify. Click Next. Untick the Browser protection feature, press Next to finalize the changes and reboot.
I hope this helps!
If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to contact me again.
Problem solved, and my faith in AVAST has been reinstalled and, all is back to normal.
It's amazing, at 76 you think you know everything, but every day is a new day.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 03:27:46 PM »
I did say that in reply #9

REDACTED

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 03:39:15 PM »
Sorry mate but, this old brain aint what it used to be.
Cheers.....Simmo.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2016, 04:28:56 PM »
Ok, OK, Ok, guess who is a happy chappy, little old me. I finally got this reply from Avast,,,,,
Hello,

We are sorry about this inconvenience. Looks like you system permission are configured so that Avast add-ons need a permission to run every time.
In order to stop the notifications from Avast browser add-ons, you can deactivate the browser protection feature.
For this, open the Control Panel and go to Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features. Double-click on Avast Antivirus and select Modify. Click Next. Untick the Browser protection feature, press Next to finalize the changes and reboot.
I hope this helps!
Problem solved, and my faith in AVAST has been reinstalled and, all is back to normal.

first time back using avast free in several years so have been " out of the saddle , if you will "
I just diasabled my browser protection per the instructions here, is it safe to assume it is safe to do this or not?  Did not know how else to proceed with my internet explorer 11 browser.

REDACTED

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2016, 04:43:21 PM »
Hello,

I hope this helps!

first time back using avast free in several years so have been " out of the saddle , if you will "
I just diasabled my browser protection per the instructions here, is it safe to assume it is safe to do this or not?  Did not know how else to proceed with my internet explorer 11 browser.
ETA  I disable security browser extension.