Author Topic: Wishing Avast Free Had Scan Time Option  (Read 1393 times)

REDACTED

Wishing Avast Free Had Scan Time Option
« on: September 02, 2016, 12:05:51 PM »
Hi,
I'm using the free version on my windows 10 pro. 64-bit version computer, of course most people know that windows comes with 'windows defender' as a built-in security service. The one thing I did like about windows defender was the fact that it showed the actual running scan time as it was performing a scan. What I didn't like was the fact of how long the scans took, that's the main reason I switched to avast, along with the fact of the high ratings that avast receives. I'm hoping that someday the developer's of avast free might include the running scan time feature.
Thanks,
David

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Wishing Avast Free Had Scan Time Option
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2016, 01:09:45 PM »
It is not possible to calculate how long a scan will take.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
What scan are we talking about? Do you mean you would want an estimated (remaining) time to be shown next to the progress percentage (which is again roughly estimated because, as Eddy said, it's not really possible to calculate that reliably - other than running another fake scan before the real one).

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 11:44:11 AM »
Hi All,
Yes..I'm referring to an actual time of scan in progress like I was used to seeing when using different third party software. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy using the avast software, but at least for me it would be nice to have the 'actual' run time of the scan in progress to be shown on the same screen that shows the circle's.
David  ;)