Author Topic: BSOD - "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (aswNetSec.sys)"  (Read 11519 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline MartinK

• Avast team
Re: BSOD - "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (aswNetSec.sys)"
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 03:12:17 PM »
Please, check folder \Windows\Minidump, if exists. Are there any dmp files?

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2016, 03:55:03 AM »
I'm not sure if this belongs in a new thread or not, but I am having a very similar issue.

I am a user that likes to leave my PC on 24/7 so it can run automated tasks while I'm away, lately I've been returning to my PC to find it idling at the login screen. Checking windows event logs shows multiple crashes while I am asleep/at work, seems to average about 2 per day/night cycle.

While trouble shooting the issue, I learned about a tool from Microsoft for testing installed drivers called Driver Verifier, and set it to test every installed driver on my system. After restarting I got the same BSOD error message as the OP.

I ran a follow up test using driver verifier to test only the aswNetSec.sys driver in isolation, and got the same result. I did a clean install as instructed in this topic, and the issue persists.

I don't know whether or not it's related, but I also have a DPC latency issue, leaving my PC on for an extended period of time causes my DPC to slowly rise, to the point where I notice audio stuttering. Disabling my ethernet adapter significantly improves my DPC latency.

Please, check folder \Windows\Minidump, if exists. Are there any dmp files?

I have a bunch of dump files from my various crashes, I am a bit hesitant to share the contents of my computer's memory with the entire world, but if there's a special tracking system for customer issues, I wouldn't mind uploading them directly to Avast, as I'm sure they'll help with debugging.

I checked the latest one out myself, and the most interesting bit to me looks like this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high.  This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff684c742cf5c, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff80b72460b60, address which referenced memory

I think the gist of it is, the driver tried to access a bad memory address, which is likely a problem only the Avast dev team can fix  :P

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2016, 05:44:26 AM »
I have a bunch of dump files from my various crashes, I am a bit hesitant to share the contents of my computer's memory with the entire world, but if there's a special tracking system for customer issues, I wouldn't mind uploading them directly to Avast, as I'm sure they'll help with debugging.
Follow instructions: https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB33#artTitle
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0