Author Topic: Can Avast Staff Please Help Me Out?  (Read 3057 times)

REDACTED

Can Avast Staff Please Help Me Out?
« on: September 06, 2016, 02:35:55 PM »
Alright,

I submitted a ticket and stating to change my email from Ericchang@gmail.com to something I desired because I entered the wrong email when purchasing which is my fault but I still need help otherwise I can't use the product I paid for! I called the support, not sure why but they keep transferring me here and there, seriously. I have no idea.

My ticket, they misunderstood and changed to ericchang@gmail.com when I clearly stated I am stuck with that email! I need real help, like someone having a convo with me online and help me right away. I can't wait for another 2 day and still can't get my problem solved..

I do not have a order ID with me so I can't open a ticket which I could earlier because I called and insert my order ID as told. But yeah, can someone help me right now, right away?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 02:38:58 PM by ahhjason »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Can Avast Staff Please Help Me Out?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »
The support telephone number is specific to avast program function issues 'only' and is handled by a 3rd party company on behalf of avast. Because of this they don't have access to any payment processing information so can only suggest you use the support ticket system.

When did you create this support ticket and what is the ID number ?

This is a publicly accessible forum so I would suggest not posting your email address as it could be harvested by spam bots or worse.

The only difference I can see between the two emails is that there is a capital E at the start of the email - I don't believe that these gmail email addresses are case sensitive - I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried to email my gmail email address and enter some Capitals in the address and as soon as I left the To address window they were all converted to lower case. I tried entering it again in the BCC field and that was flagged in Red because of the upper case presumably.

So there might be something else going on.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 03:04:39 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 03:07:41 PM »
The support telephone number is specific to avast program function issues 'only' and is handled by a 3rd party company on behalf of avast. Because of this they don't have access to any payment processing information so can only suggest you use the support ticket system.

This is a publicly accessible forum so I would suggest not posting your email address as it could be harvested by spam bots or worse.

The only difference I can see between the two emails is that there is a capital E at the start of the email - I don't believe that these gmail email addresses are case sensitive - I'm sure someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT: I tried to email my gmail email address and enter some Capitals in the address and as soon as I left the To address window they were all converted to lower case. I tried entering it again in the BCC field and that was flagged in Red because of the upper case presumably.

Hahaha you misunderstood too. Nvm,  I will just take it as a lesson.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 03:14:40 PM »
What is the ticket ID and when (date) did you submit it ?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2016, 03:19:09 PM »

Hahaha you misunderstood too. Nvm,  I will just take it as a lesson.

I can't see what the misunderstanding is as essentially the two emails are identical other than the capital E. If you talking about a completely different email address than that wasn't very clear.

So please help us to understand.

If you answer the question - When did you create this support ticket and what is the ID number ? - then we can try to have it looked at again.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security