Author Topic: One Touch Password LogIn  (Read 23858 times)

REDACTED

One Touch Password LogIn
« on: September 08, 2016, 11:56:02 PM »
I am running Avast Premium on Windows 10 with Chrome browser and the premium password addition. I am also using an iPhone 6 Plus IOS 9.3.5  I cannot get the One Touch LogIn feature to work. I keep getting an error message that an error has occurred. Off subject, but I cannot add a picture to my account either. It keeps saying that the server is busy.  Thank you!!

Dallas Phil

Offline jelinek

• Avast team
Re: One Touch Password LogIn
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 09:52:38 PM »
Dear Phil,

We are sorry for your troubles. Yes we had a little problem with the One Touch Login activation process, but now it should be all ok.

Please go to Avast Settings -> Update -> Program  -> Update button.

After that, please restart your PC and then try the activation again. It should be ok now.

If you still have problems, please write to us and we'll try to help you,

Regards,

H.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:41:05 AM »
It still isn't working, I had a successfully paired phone (Samsung Note 5, Android 6.0.1) and PC (Windows 10 64bit), but for few weeks it wasn't working. This morning I tried to unpair and pair the devices again and I can't - I keep getting error "Sorry, there's been an unexpected error; One Touch Login wasn't setup properly. We'll have to try again later."

It's really annoying since you've lured me into buying license for Avast Passwords along with Avast Internet Security. I have issues with Avast Passwords since the beggining, sometimes it remembers passwords, sometimes it does not. When the password is entered from Avast Passwords into Chrome (it's autofill is turned off) it still asks if it should replace the old password - it is mostly useless and I'm really considering requesting a refund.

Looking forward toward some help.

Thank you.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 08:59:20 PM »
Posted on November the 2nd. Official ticket opened on November the 3rd. Today is the 7th. Beside the automated email reply no feedback from Avast. Great customer support.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 09:03:44 PM »
Please post your ticket number here and I will try to get someone from avast to have a look at it.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 06:43:01 AM »
Ticket ID:577350

Thank you!

Offline sipreal

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 01:16:06 AM »
Hi,

I had this same problem a while ago and it was indeed fixed with the program update at that time. However, the same problem seems to have returned. At least on my system and phone, Windows 10 / Android.

When I do the pairing, the phone notice says it was successful, but on my laptop I keep getting the message;
"Sorry, there has been an unexpected error; One Touch Login wasn't setup properly. We'll have to try later again."

Apart from uninstalling and reinstalling Avast on my laptop and phone, I've tried everything I could think of.

Please advise.
Thank you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 01:41:20 AM »
My advice is not to post in a thread that is dead for close to a year and is not about the OS's you are using. ;)
Please start your own thread in the correct forum.

Offline sipreal

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 02:22:34 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for replying. This was the only thread that I saw dealing with it. So I took a chance someone might know a quick fix.
Anyway, in the meantime I continued experimenting and I discovered that before pairing a new device you have to click the "Turn Off" button in :
Settings >>Passwords >>One Touch Login, and start fresh from there. This time both my pc and phone gave a "success" notice. However, this was just a few minutes ago, and I still have to check if it works, but to do that I have to close my browser. So in case I have problems finding this post again I thought I'd mention it, in case someone else is searching for the same solution.

Kind regards,

================

Update December 14, 2017.
-------------------------------
Yeah, so even though I got the "Success" notice, that did not work either.
When I want to Login, the "One Touch LogIn" notice does "slide out" from the top on my Samsung phone, but when I tap on it, nothing happens, and I still have to login manually. It is becoming a bit frustrating, because it used to work perfect.
And now I also noticed that the Bank Mode in the Safe Zone Browser is no longer working either.  :o SIGH!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:24:26 AM by sipreal »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 03:08:36 AM »
Just underneath your post > attachment and other options > notify me of new replies.
Or simply bookmark this page
or click on 'profile' > show posts.