Author Topic: My phone's battery acting weird  (Read 4010 times)

REDACTED

My phone's battery acting weird
« on: September 18, 2016, 08:11:18 AM »
Hi!
I bougth a year ago a Sony e4g.
Its battery ran out quite fast, I removed softwares, did many things. I'm using Avast Cleanup, and it works well.
I saw Avast has this Battery Saver, Cleanup was good, I gave it a try a few weeks ago.
This is when something happened. I don't know for sure if the Battery Saver caused this, because I don't remember if I did anything else with my phone, but...
When I recharge my phone, the battery works right, for a few hours from 100% goes down to 90-80%. Without active usage for 12 hours it goes down about to 70%, which is okay. But when it reaches about 65%, my battery starts to discharge. I mean for 5-10 seconds it lose 1%. 10 miutes after the phone dies out.
More interesting if I put it on a charger, the discharging doesn't stop, even if the phone shows it's charging! Until the phone completely dies out, the power doesn't move up. Even if I shut it down!
After that everything works fine. I removed Battery Saver, but doesn't help anything.

Did you ever see this kind of weirdness? I read it can be caused by Google update and restart should work. I turned off my phone about 45%, and 5 minutes later I couldn't switch it on, because the battery was depleted.

Thank you for your help!

Offline Štěpán Vaněk

• Avast team
Re: My phone's battery acting weird
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 12:56:27 PM »
Hi,
thanks for reporting us.
Sounds like it has nothing to do with Battery saver, it is rather a specific problem of your device. I found similar complaints on that on Sony forum.
https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-E4/Battery-Backup-Issue-Xperia-E4g/td-p/1014014
There are some workarounds tips, so you may try those or maybe only way is to claim the goods (get replacement or money back from your vendor).

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:22 PM »
Thank you, I'll try to solve this. :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 07:57:14 PM »
If you have any news about it, please post it here as it might help others.