Author Topic: Torrents will not start downloading with Secureline VPN connected.  (Read 6389 times)

Offline terryfreeman33

Torrents will not start downloading with Secureline VPN connected.
« on: September 19, 2016, 12:48:23 PM »
I have Avast Internet Security 12.3.2280, and 5 days ago I purchased Secureline VPN after trying the free 7 day trial. In the trial I downloaded torrents and had no problems, but as soon as I paid for it torrents will no longer start downloading while the VPN is connected, I have to disconnect to start a download. For me this makes the VPN useless. Why is this happening?  If this cannot be fixed I will be requesting a refund. The 7 day trial should be exactly the same, yes?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Torrents will not start downloading with Secureline VPN connected.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
Except for the time period you are allowed to use it, the trial and paid version are the same (to my knowledge).

Offline HK

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 01:16:27 PM »
Hi terryFreeman33,

from the point of functionality there is no difference between trial and license.

What server you were connected to? Please, try servers with P2P mark:

Amsterdam
Frankfurt
Prague
London
Miami
NY
Seattle
Sao Paulo

Hope it will help.

Regards,
HK

Offline terryfreeman33

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 02:25:43 PM »
Hi HK
I was connected to Singapore which is my optimal server, and I was connected to Singapore with the 7 day trial and the downloads started while the server was connected, no problem. As soon as I had the paid version the downloads would no longer start while connected to the same server.
Okay, I just tried Amsterdam and no problem, downloads start straight away, so there must be some difference with the trial version as downloads started straight away on the Singapore server. Problem solved for me, thank you very much for your prompt reply. Still a mystery why the trial version is different, but I am happy, just connect to a different server for downloading torrents. :) With the trial I only connected to Asia Pacific servers which are the closest.
Thanks again HK.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:34:52 PM by terryfreeman33 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2016, 02:52:52 PM »
As HK and I said, there is no difference between the paid version and the trial.

Closest server(s) don't have to be the best (functioning).
It depends on multiple things.
One of them is how busy a server is.