Author Topic: Terminal Server  (Read 6055 times)

REDACTED

Terminal Server
« on: September 19, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »
Hi,

does anyone has made some experience with Avast for Business and terminal servers?

With best regards,
Fip

Offline Artur80

Re: Terminal Server
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 11:14:47 PM »
Have the same question. 12 users on Win Srv 2008 R2. Which product? Will it work? How are licenses per user calculated?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 03:20:15 AM »
Yes Avast works well on Terminal Server.

Not sure about the cloud version license, but in traditional on-prem suites each user connecting to the server was considered a node.

So one terminal server with 10 users would be 10 nodes/users. But if they each had an existing workstation with avast that would already count (its not counted twice)
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Artur80

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2017, 03:10:16 AM »
Thank you but I need to know about the Cloud version.

Does it work? Resources usage? Licensing? Anyone from Avast good people?
Happy to buy now.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 01:21:55 AM »
Thank you but I need to know about the Cloud version.

Does it work? Resources usage? Licensing? Anyone from Avast good people?
Happy to buy now.

Resource use is nearly the same as Avast on a normal server. However some elements are duplicated for each user (minimal, mostly UI/Tray).

I can not find a clear answer to the license for the cloud, but I would advise you to reach out to your local Avast Reseller for that question on the license. https://www.avast.com/locate-dealer
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

Offline Artur80

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 11:43:29 PM »
Apparently, we are releasers and are unable to answer this question to our client who runs 2 TS ;)

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2017, 11:54:27 PM »
Apparently, we are releasers and are unable to answer this question to our client who runs 2 TS ;)

It is a grey area, I only know about the on-premise license as I worked for a reseller for 5 years and know that price structure. However I believe it would still apply, for example it is the same way as Microsoft licenses office for terminal server

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 05:41:49 PM »
I too am curious on how the licensing works for a terminal server environment via the Cloudcare. I assume it works the same way as desktop licensing, but I want to make sure before we pull the trigger.