Author Topic: Why does avast constantly infect my computer?  (Read 5167 times)

REDACTED

Why does avast constantly infect my computer?
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:16:53 PM »
Why does avast constantly keep infecting my computer and then reporting that I have problems then telling me that if I pay money they will fix it? Isn't that just a little illegal and corrupt? I thought installing avast was meant to prevent problems not cause them? I just did a scan, actually reimage did the scan and it came up with 3 viruses in the avast files installed on my computer. Why does avast do this? What kind of a company are you guys?

To see the picture in its entirety right click on the picture and choose to open in a new tab.

A very confused disappointed person here...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:20:20 PM by jessey47 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Why does avast constantly infect my computer?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 11:21:55 PM »
I just did a scan, actually reimage did the scan and it came up with 3 viruses in the avast files installed on my computer.
LOL ... reimage repair is the malware

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-reimage-repair-ads/
http://www.wintips.org/remove-reimage-pc-repair-online-unwanted-program/

If you want help remove it, follow instructions  >  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 11:41:21 PM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2016, 12:18:13 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me. So your telling me malware is a virus and reimage put the virus in avast?? What makes you so certain that the links you provided to clean my computer of reimage won't install it's own malware, I'd be interested to hear your opinion on that? I downloaded the avastclear.exe and will run it later. So what do you think of Comodo's Signature Antivirus and Firewall Combo unless of course your working for avast or have a financial interest? I was thinking of using it for an anti virus and get rid of avast. This isn't the first time avast has corrupted my computer and it won't be the last time if I don't get rid of it soon.
Thanks
jessey
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:24:35 AM by jessey47 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
No i do not work for avast

So your telling me malware is a virus and reimage put the virus in avast??
Reimage is a rouge program giving fake info to trick you to buy it

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2016, 12:28:05 AM »
Hey Pondus, How come when I click on your handle here it tells me I'm not allowed to access your profile information?
And what do you think of Comodo's Signature Antivirus and Firewall Combo?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:30:05 AM by jessey47 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:31:18 AM »
Probably because you are below the 20posts count that give some extra privileges

Anything special you where looking for?

And what do you think of Comodo's Signature Antivirus and Firewall Combo?
Have never tried it. From experience i have found that windows firewall is the absoulte best for novice users, no complicated popups and if you are behind a ISP box/router with firewall then that is all you need

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 12:34:24 AM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 12:38:41 AM »
Nope wasn't looking for anything special, just interested to see who I was chatting with is all.
Thanks for your help, I'll post in a week or so how it went.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 12:42:21 AM »
Every virus is malware, not every malware is a virus.

And no, don't post back in a week or so.
Follow the instructions in https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0 and ATTACH the log files to your next post here.

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:20:33 PM »
@jessey47: Programs like reimage repair and many other programs that clean, Optimize, speed up, driver booster/updater. Don't install those files UNLESS you are a computer expert. If you need to update any of your programs just go to their official website to get the appropriate update for your computer.

Those programs mentioned above and they things they show you (results/logs) are really complex and hard to understand unless you are a computer expert. If you have a malware on your computer just go to the link that Eddy posted and attach the log files. If any malware(s) has been detected the malware experts will ask you to download other program(s) to neutralize the threat and those programs that they give you are legit. 
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2