Author Topic: Automatically execute recommended step  (Read 1909 times)

roypeled

Automatically execute recommended step
« on: February 04, 2006, 09:23:29 PM »
Is it possible, and if so how, to set avast that whenever it detects a virus it will automatically execute the recommended option (i.e. - delete, move to chest, etc...), instead of stopping and poping=up the question each time.

It becomes annoying when I download mail that has frequent viruses.

Thanks,

Roy

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Automatically execute recommended step
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 09:32:21 PM »
You don't say what version of avast you are using?

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the General answer No.

Personally I don't use silent mode, because I want to know what is going on with my system. If someone is getting so many warnings of virus infection, infected emails, etc. that they become intrusive, then it is time to review their security practice - filter emails at source, delete from server rather than download them, sites they visit, etc.

Click on Standard Shield and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the General answer No.

If you are regularly getting these infected emails, so as to be intrusive and not wanting to be notified about them, perhaps it is time to review your PC security. Rather than treat the symptoms, treat the disease. You can intercept these emails at source (your isp/services mail server) and delete them there, rather than download them.

I use MailWasher Pro, although it is primarily for Spam it is also easy to deal with suspicious emails. There is a free version, but this only works with a single email account. The Pro version works with multiple accounts.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security