Author Topic: Are web shield warnings about bidr.trellian.com a false positive?  (Read 12615 times)

REDACTED

Re: Are web shield warnings about bidr.trellian.com a false positive?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2016, 12:44:21 AM »
A webpage can have code or an ad that tries to contact trillion when the page load in your browser.  In Safari, if one of those pages is one of your Top Sites and your Safari preferences are set to show Top Sites when a new page or tab opens, then Avast will show the web shield block message.

I had been struggling with this problem for the past couple of days with my Mac. I noticed the Avast warning pops up a few seconds after I click in the search box in Safari, even before I begin typing. After seeing JL147's post, I decided to go ahead and delete a number of my "Favorites" under Bookmarks. I did not delete them one at a time so I do not know which of the favorites was the offender, but it solved the problem, at least for now. If anyone has the patience to delete one Favorite at a time, restart Safari, and click the search box, you may just find the website that was contacting Trellian.

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 05:49:51 PM »
I've also had this issue the past week on my Macs.  The alert has come up for me when opening Gmail, Google Voice, Google Calendar, or Google Drive.  I'm hoping there's just an overly aggressive virus definition that is reading some new Google coding incorrectly.

REDACTED

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2017, 03:37:25 PM »
I found that something had added a line in my proxy settings, once I cleared this the infection notification stopped popping up.  In Safari, open preferences, advanced, open 'change settings' next to proxy, and remove anything in the 'bypass proxy settings for the following domains, etc.'.  Hope this is works for you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2017, 03:43:47 PM »
NuclearCow,

This thread has been dead for about 8 months.