Author Topic: Device has not been synchronized for more than 30 days. Device may be vulnerable  (Read 7753 times)

REDACTED

Using Avast For Business Cloud Product:
get message in cloud: Device has not been synchronized for more than 30 days. Device may be vulnerable
Log onto machine and everything is updated and ready to go.
This happens from time to time with different machines.... doing an uninstall and reinstall fixes it but is there an easier way?
Thanks in advance for your help

Offline Desperados

me too: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=191133.msg1340293#new
I've no time to reinstall all clients with this problem

Offline Manley

Just wondering, have you tried to create a task for "Update Program" and see if that will get them talking?

REDACTED

I've got the same problem.  Have since we started using the Business version.  I'm tired of reinstalling it too.  I don't have time to take users off their machines because Avast's cloud console has an attitude problem.  This has been an issue for well over a year and I haven't seen an actual ANSWER for WHY it happens.  Just, remove and reinstall.  I'd like to know what CAUSES the issue so it can be PREVENTED rather than doing the same, "I dunno, just go with it" crap over and over.

Offline Desperados

I've got the same problem.  Have since we started using the Business version.  I'm tired of reinstalling it too.  I don't have time to take users off their machines because Avast's cloud console has an attitude problem.  This has been an issue for well over a year and I haven't seen an actual ANSWER for WHY it happens.  Just, remove and reinstall.  I'd like to know what CAUSES the issue so it can be PREVENTED rather than doing the same, "I dunno, just go with it" crap over and over.

agree 100%

REDACTED

Me too!
Yeah I can reinstall Avast! but that's surely not the best fix for the problem.
I find it happens mainly with laptops and rarely with desktops.
I'm wondering if it's caused by the fact that they constantly have a different IP address and that somehow messes with the sync... that said I'm constantly moving from site to site and I have never had that problem.

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
I have seen some clients have the communications service stop running, and this causes it to be out of sync. Reinstalling does solve the service issue, but in some cases its as easy as restarting the service.

Make sure all avast services are running, before the reinstall.

With that said, Ive not seen it happen in the past few weeks, so perhaps the latest client version has some improvements in this regard
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

What is the name of the communication service   ?????

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Avast Business Console Client
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

REDACTED

So you mean the Services on the host PC and not some function in the Avast console  ???

Offline Andrew495

This is happening to me in Avast Business as well, in 2018. Happens with our OSX clients constantly, and at any given time it's impacting 10-20% of our deployment. How is such an old problem still a thing? This is a blatant security gap, since it means that the software's reporting of a problem cannot be taken at face value. What's the point of a central admin console if it can't obtain and report accurate information? Constantly re-installing is not a viable option.