Author Topic: I don't want Avast Lab analyse some exes I know where they come from  (Read 1685 times)

REDACTED

I am a teacher .. Students send me programs to review them .. I change their extension, besides their source program .. and try to run them ..

but Avast takes those executables to the Avast Lab .. to return them after 160 minutes .. I just don't want that operation to be taken, but only if and when I ask for it.

How can I avoid Avast take the decision to send it to its Lab .. without even asking me before?

Thank you .. thank you very much

Offline Michael (alan1998)

• Massive Poster
  • Volunteer
Re: I don't want Avast Lab analyse some exes I know where they come from
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 02:57:42 AM »
Disable Avast Shields?

Right click Avast!'s Icon > Shield Control > Disable until restart (Or whatever is best for you).
VOLUNTEER

Senior Security Analyst; Sys Admin (Linux); Forensics/Incident Response.

Security is a mindset, not an application. Think BEFORE you click.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 03:25:23 AM »
Thank you Michael I appreciate that.

It only rests the bad .. very bad flavor in my organism. 

Avast .. it seems .. gives less and less options to decide onself ..
When you visit a site .. it tells you that is risky .. and you have the option to take the risk .. it gives you the opportunity to decide ..

shouldn't it be so, to let you decide, if you let executables in your PC to be taken away .. and for 165 minutes, even after been analyzed locally and resulting free of viruses?

Don't we ask to analyze files .. when we considere it  opportune? .. In fact I tried -in other pc- to first analyze de exe .. it resulted "free of viruses" .. try to run it .. and Avast .. doesn't ask .. decides to take it away .. that is not correct.

The problem is that .. after Avast has taken the executable to the Lab .. you may disable it, to run the exe .. and it won't let you anyway .. because .. it appears it has hidden some .dll  also

Excuse me Michael .. and Thank you

« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 05:31:05 AM by artra »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 07:14:23 AM »
but Avast takes those executables to the Avast Lab .. to return them after 160 minutes .. I just don't want that operation to be taken, but only if and when I ask for it.

How can I avoid Avast take the decision to send it to its Lab .. without even asking me before?

Thank you .. thank you very much
Hi, this is related to CyberCapture, you can disable it in the settings.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »
even after been analyzed locally and resulting free of viruses?
You are forgetting that avast has a lot more detection tools in their lab than the avast av has.