Author Topic: Exception EConvertError in module ISHelper.exe at 0000D4C2. '''' is not a valid  (Read 29906 times)

REDACTED

I am using Windows 7 home edition.  Recently 2 little boxes have been popping up whenever I boot my computer.  I don't know what it means.  I've searched the internet and it says it has something to do with iSkysoft.  Since the little boxes began popping up, some of the programs on my computer will not work.  Can you help me.
The two boxes say:

Exception EConvertError in module ISHelper.exe at 0000D4C2.  '''' is not a valid integer value.

Exception EAccessViolation in module ISHelper.exe at 000CB35F.  Access violation at address 004CB35F in module 'ISHelper.exe'.  Read of address oooooo5C.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
iSkysoft appears to be related to a media downloader and converter if you have ever installed it.

REDACTED

I downloaded ConvertX6 and a "background package" (provides scenes) with it.  Should I remove them?  I purchased a license to ConvertX6, but that doesn't matter to me if it is messing up my computer.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
It's worth a shot, if the popups disappear you know then what was causing it :)

REDACTED

I'll try it and get back.

REDACTED

Well, I removed ConvertX6.  The two little windows don't pop up, but I am unable to use Acoustica Basic 6.  Every time I open the program, it says what is listed below and it closes the program:

Acoustica Basic Edition Audio Editor has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program an notify you if a solution is available.

I don't understand.  It was running fine before.

REDACTED

There are 2 folders in "My Documents" that weren't there before.  One reads, iskysoft
The other reads, iSkysoft DVD Creator.
I checked in Control Panel in "Programs and Features" and there is no iSkysoft listed there.  All I know is I didn't have any trouble until it iSkysoft appeared.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
I would say remove everything from ConvertX6 and Acoustica.
Reboot, check for leftovers and if there are none install Acoustica again and see what happens.

As removing through control panel and/or using the uninstaller of the developer often leaves things behind, you should do it manually.

REDACTED

I did what you said and after reboot, installed acoustica again, but it still doesn't work.  Gives same message as before.  I noticed one thing...the 2 iSkysoft folders did not reappear after reboot.  I did a search for "programs and files" for iSkysoft, and it could not be found.

REDACTED

Another thing I just discovered.  I opened VirtualDub and clicked to open an avi file in my documents, but it didn't show it...even when at "files of type" I clicked "All Types".  I had to drag & drop the file into VirtualDub.  I've never had to do that before.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
As Eddy said, I'd remove all those programs though I wouldn't reinstall any of them, install VLC player for movies and online editors/converters can be found for everything else.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
- Remove all troubled applications (Virtualdub also).
- Reboot
- Check for leftovers (make sure you have "show system & hidden files" enabled)
- Cleanup the registry (CCleaner)
- Reboot
- Run Farbar and let us check the log files to see if more needs to be removed/cleaned up.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:26:34 AM by Eddy »