Author Topic: Trying to cancel auto-renewal  (Read 1668 times)

REDACTED

Trying to cancel auto-renewal
« on: September 29, 2016, 10:17:49 PM »
im trying to simply cancel my auto-renewal and stop avast stealing money from me every year, but not only is the button that should allow me to do this not there, but i also can't log in using my order details to unsubscribe because despite being able to login to my avast account with the same email address, avast says that i have provided invalid order information. i am copying the information that i have in my confirmation email so it should be absolutely fine. i then tried saying that i forgot my order number, so i provide the email address that is 100% attached to the account, and it doesn't recognize it.

At this point I just feel like Avast have stolen my card information and run off. There are no support pages to help me, the customer portal that was in my email doesn't work, I'm left completely in the dark. Has anyone else had this problem, and if the avast staff read this, please let me get out of these crazy subscription I have with you.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Trying to cancel auto-renewal
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:26:11 PM »
The email address you are using for your account and the one used when ordering can be different.

Did you follow these instructions > https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB126 ?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Trying to cancel auto-renewal
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 06:36:33 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0