Author Topic: What is up with my mouse!  (Read 3186 times)

REDACTED

What is up with my mouse!
« on: September 30, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »
Virus or is it time i need to change a new one. I have been getting a few hiccups here and there with the computer, alot of random things which i can't remember, but since yesterday it has exploded full-blown weirdness, the problems which i face "that I'm aware of" right now are when i click the "back-arrow button" on my internet browser, It almost always goes two steps back, the mouse opens folders and files on one click which i can't seem to change back anymore. Whenever i try to connect online, i don't dare refreshing anymore, as it goes into a freeze it can't get out of. I cannot resize windows anymore, like-when i try to resize it full-screen-It resizes in weird shapes like resizing only to half of the full windows screen or only to a quarter-size, And I can't normally open the charm bar, it will be very quickly open and close, open and close, open and close. And the problems seem to get more erratic and wild when i online or while i am trying to get online. 

These are the only things i am aware of at the moment but alot of things are happening besides those problems.

Would be grateful if anyone could help fix these pesty problems once and for all. I have alot of important data and big files on my system!

And i just realised while i'm trying to see if avast if up-to-date, that the web-shield is turned off, the firewall and secureDNS too- I never did those things, and more disturbing- avast now says "You are now protected" which it'd notify me otherwise.

Trying a full system scan with avira, avast(I keep one of them for manual scan and the other in real-time mode, so no conflict there) and malwarebytes. I am almost sure it wouldn't find anything as i did a scan yesterday and it didn't find anything. While in the meantime, Could anyone make a sense of all these things happening. Thankyou.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: What is up with my mouse!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
Try the mouse on another system and try another mouse.
I have alot of important data and big files on my system!
There is a reason why the option to create backups was invented ;)

If you want a check for malware, follow these instructions > https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 10:58:57 AM »
I plan to, as soon as all three have completed their full-scan.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 11:50:25 AM »
I plan to, as soon as all three have completed their full-scan.
are you running multiple scans at the same time?

That will use lots of system resource and make your system freeze

Trying a full system scan with avira, avast(I keep one of them for manual scan and the other in real-time mode, so no conflict there) and malwarebytes.
I would remove Avira and instead use a online scanner like F-secure online scanner / TrendMicro housecall / ESET online scanner when needed

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:58:50 AM by Pondus »

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 12:09:59 PM »
No I am not scanning them all at the same time.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 12:55:43 PM »
Here are the logs.

REDACTED

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:56:29 PM »
New text document (3) is the malwarebytes log

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2016, 07:35:41 AM »
I've checked your logs; what can you tell us about the KMService.exe that is running to activate Windows?
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

REDACTED

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 09:25:52 AM »
Right now, as in my win8.1. It's not being used. It came pre-activated.

Offline dbrisendine

• Malware Fighter
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2016, 04:18:01 AM »
If it is not being used, do you want it removed?  KMService is a very "grey area" adware (at best).  Your call on this however.  The rest of the log shows some things that could be removed (just to keep the system cleaned up) but it is not showing any malicious malware.
Win7 x32 Ult. SP1, Brain 2.0 / Win10 x64, Brain2.5
My help is always free but if you would like to help encourage me or show your thanks -----> DONATE

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 09:35:48 AM »
What is the result of trying the mouse on another system and/or trying another mouse ?
Already tried the mouse (and keyboard) on another port ?
Already checked the mouse settings ? (double click speed and such)

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2016, 09:47:39 AM »
Let's try what you say. I'm curious about an app that can MONITOR ALL internet download and upload activities  and CUT OFF any one of them at my wish. I don't like seeing something eating up hordes of my data but can't figure out what/which one it's doing.

REDACTED

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2016, 09:52:58 AM »
My first description of problems above includes that too! I have tried the mouse settings and it doesn't work-its like it doesn't have any effect.
But i don't have another system right next to me to try plugging into it-I'll try it though.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2016, 10:50:47 AM »
No neighbors, friends, or something ?

REDACTED

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 11:15:45 AM »
It seemed like a harware problem, need to change the mouse soon. Thanks everyone