Author Topic: How to reinstall antitheft on locked phone after device deleted from Avast a/c  (Read 1931 times)

REDACTED

Oh crap!  I will name my first born child after you if you can help please Tomas!  I've really screwed my phone up and I have no idea what to do now!  I installed Avast on my HTC One M8 a couple of years ago and now don't remember the settings/PINs or have access to the 'friend' phone number.  I had the screen replaced on the device and then of course Avast locked it after the repairer turned it back on.  I did eventually manage to turn the siren off and get the phone back to 'normal' again but I don't recall how I did it exactly.  I have been into my Avast account and tried to change the PIN and I thought I was successful.  Because it freaked me out so much, I tried to uninstall all the Avast stuff from my phone, but had obviously forgotten that there was a Stealth mode and therefore I haven't really cleared it all out.  The phone has been working fine for about a month, so I didn't really bother about investigating further, but yesterday I caught a flight and had to turn the phone off.  When I turned it back on, bingo!  siren and message and much embarrassment in the middle of the airport!  Unfortunately, I have also deleted the device from my Avast account, but now I can't access anything about it anywhere and have no idea how I can reinstall the program so I can reconfigure it before it goes into lockdown mode.  I'm the Captain of a Volunteer Fire & Rescue Brigade and my phone is literally like a lifeline!  If anybody has any idea what I might be able to do, I would be eternally grateful!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Factory reset the phone.