Author Topic: Password settings on Client not saving  (Read 3727 times)

REDACTED

Password settings on Client not saving
« on: September 30, 2016, 03:20:21 PM »
Hello,

I tried to search the forum for this particular issue but didn't see it so I apologize if I missed it.

We currently use Avast Endpoint Protection Suite and have the client deployed on roughly 45 systems.  We initially installed everything with default settings and put in the SOA address and that aspect is working perfectly.  Recently we've had to upgrade the client to a newer version which required me to visit each workstation, input the password and start the upgrade.  We decided that we would like to remove that from being password protected and that is where the trouble starts.  I was working with a single client to ensure my changes would function the way I wanted them to.  I went into settings and unchecked General Program Access and Update Control.  For the first 5 minutes, it worked as needed.  I could open the program from the system tray and go to the updates section and initiate an update with a password.  I also confirmed the settings remained the same and they did.  5 minutes later, the settings reverted back and I required a password again to open the client as well as check for an update.  My theory is that when the client reaches out to the SOA to check-in, the settings are being reset.  I've looked high and low in the SOA to see if I can make global changes to settings on the clients and I can't find anything.  Has anyone had this issue, and more importantly, found a fix or solution for it? 

Offline Avosec-UK

• Avosec Technical Support
  • Avast Reseller
    • Avosec
Re: Password settings on Client not saving
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:27:53 PM »
The software works as expected and your assumptions are right - the managed client will override its settings to the settings in the console.

You can change the client settings in: SOA > NETWORK > Group view > Edit group settings.

REDACTED

Re: Password settings on Client not saving
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 04:17:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick reply.  Can't believe I didn't see that.  :-[