Author Topic: An Error has occured while attempting to update  (Read 13206 times)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:An Error has occured while attempting to update
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2003, 11:41:45 PM »
Oops, sorry for this guys, there was some timedate-related problem on one of our servers...
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2003, 08:13:32 PM »
Oops, sorry for this guys, there was some timedate-related problem on one of our servers...

I'm receiving repeated emails from forums (annoucing the same thread).
Is there any trouble with the website and emails from the forums?

For instance;
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 5/12/2003), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

A reply has been posted to a topic you are watching.

View it at ...

More replies may be posted, but you won't receive more email notifications until you read the replies

Regards,
The ALWIL Software Forums team.

I received 5 identical emails of each thread...  :o
The best things in life are free.

Lars

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2003, 08:24:58 PM »
hi, it's possible to update the databse manually via http://www.avast.com/i_idt_250.html, but where an one download program updates from?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2003, 09:17:50 PM »
If you want to update the program itself offline - just download the main installer (just as when you installed it for the first time). When you run it, it will not reinstall your avast! installation, but update it instead.

Arif50

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2003, 01:19:55 PM »
I am having the same problem as LARS - error whilst attempting to update - manual update does not work either. I recently registered and got my activation key... then a few days later got told my 1 year thingy had run out and i had to register again - and got a new key.. this new key caused problems with updating again and i still get the "ERROR WHILST ATTEMPTING TO UPDATE" message - exactly as LARS describes it  :-[

Lars

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2003, 02:57:35 PM »
it works for me now after downloading the main installer again. The installer asks to update the program and after a system restart, the virus database update works without errors. http://www.avast.com/i_idt_1016.html is where you can get avast 4 Home

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2003, 03:50:54 PM »
I am having the same problem as LARS - error whilst attempting to update - manual update does not work either. I recently registered and got my activation key... then a few days later got told my 1 year thingy had run out and i had to register again - and got a new key.. this new key caused problems with updating again and i still get the "ERROR WHILST ATTEMPTING TO UPDATE" message - exactly as LARS describes it  :-[

There were problems with 'date and time' on avast! servers last week. Vlk posted this answer in related forums. If everything is working now, let finish the thread  ;D
The best things in life are free.