Author Topic: Please help after renew my easypass blocked.  (Read 47227 times)

REDACTED

Re: Please help after renew my easypass blocked.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2016, 09:51:00 AM »

I really like EasyPass.  They say 'support is being withdrawn'.  Does that mean we can continue to use EasyPass  as a fully functioning program with a licence key (but just without technical support), i.e. the GoFill functions work and integration with the Browser works etc, and we won't get the "Renew" dialogue box?  Or is it 'full support', ie none of the useful stuff with browsers etc works anymore :-(

So when they say 'support is being withdrawn', do Avast actually meant that support has already been withdrawn :-( the program is already not fully functional.

(have responded to Avast Support with theses questions, Ticket ID:#585546)

REDACTED

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 08:48:55 PM »
This happened to me today after renewing my license. I am very annoyed about it because there is no explanation or anything. I just paid $45 NZD for this. The Easypass disappeared off my programs and I can't run it. I have written to support asking for this to be sorted out. Not happy at all... this is terrible service, it's worse than terrible. I rely on this software and it's just completely failed...

Offline Josef_bofhell

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 12:44:34 PM »
You are not alone with this! Nicely we all were not informed that the support and the usage of easypass was closed in December 2016 - but its already possible to pay for a renew of the licences! The user webpages are all empty (I've checked this with some friends!)

>:( Nice way to, Avast!
Is this the way that we are told to go to other products?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »
About a year ago (perhaps even longer) avast already told that Easypass was replaced by avast passwords.
The new license will work fine with avast passwords.

Depending on when the license for Easypass expires/expired, people have/had time enough to get switch to avast passwords.

REDACTED

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2017, 07:13:09 PM »
This happened to me today after renewing my license. I am very annoyed about it because there is no explanation or anything. I just paid $19,9 for this. and now " Avast! EasyPass is Blocked, Please Check Your online Account ! . LOL . What Is this ? i sended my request No.655925 for Avast Support

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2017, 07:22:08 PM »
I am very annoyed about it because there is no explanation or anything.
It has been explained multiple times.

Offline tkimkc

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »
If this has been explained multiple times on why Easy pass doesn't work, then why are they still offering it and taking our money?  That's what's upsetting. 

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2017, 04:27:18 PM »
It is not offered for a long time as it has been replaced by avast passwords.

The auto-renewal is not for easypass, but for avast passwords as the subscription has been transfered.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 04:34:08 PM by Eddy »

REDACTED

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2017, 03:14:51 PM »
You are wrong, I just renewed Easypass yesterday. Now I have a non-working product. If it is obsolete, they should not be allowing renewal. Period.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2017, 04:56:03 PM »
No, I'm not wrong.
Replace Easypass with avast passwords and it will work.

REDACTED

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 12:26:27 PM »
Failed. Response of the server: ERROR 316License key already in use

After placing a support ticket (#661762) for the EasyPass License key error over a week ago, I have yet to get a fix for the issue. Yes, I know avast has another passwords program. However, it falls short when compared to (RoboForms) EasyPass - ie. no identities. I paid to renew EasyPass! So, Avast happily offers to renew my EasyPass license with excessive Popups on my system and then receives my money and in return I get an invalid license key. It has obviously has happen to a number of other folks and Avast is aware of the issue. In a word, this is FRAUD. I would advise the company to start reaching out to customers who have had this issue and either provide a valid key OR a refund. In case of the latter, I would also advise them to kill the ability to purchase any future EasyPass licences. I'm patient, but it is wearing thin. I will give it another week and then I will take it to the next level.

In a nut shell, I really get "torqued" when companies knowingly take advantage for excessive gain.   

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 12:55:08 PM »
As explained multiple times...
The subscription has been transfered from Easypass to avast passwords.
The key you received is valid.
Easypass is not supported anymore.

Are you also surprised that Microsoft isn't selling keys/providing support for Windows 3.x anymore ?

REDACTED

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2017, 05:30:20 AM »
"Are you also surprised that Microsoft isn't selling keys/providing support for Windows 3.x anymore ?"

Of course not, but Microsoft also doesn't continue to prompt for "Renew Now" and then take money for that product either and they do not then send an email with a license key through the digital fulfillment provider/system that specifically mentions the product by name with a download link that actually works, etc.  Whereas Avast! is doing all of this so customers are understandably confused, frustrated, and irritated.  Avast, needs to address this issue because people will continue to renew EasyPass throughout 2017 until this is corrected.

REDACTED

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2017, 04:45:36 PM »
What is this, ''Avast Evangelist''? that easypass has been transferred is clear now to everyone, go ''spread the word'' somewhere else...
How come lots of people, that where perfectly satisfied with easypass, did not get an e-mail or what, to let them know easypass would become obsolete. Instead of this, avast was happy to cash for a license renewal, without any further notice. Passwords may work also, but the stored passwords from easypass are gone, thank you Avast.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2017, 04:49:36 PM »
Passwords may work also, but the stored passwords from easypass are gone, thank you Avast.
See: https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB179#artTitle
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0