Author Topic: "Your program subscription has expired. Please contact your administrator."  (Read 9310 times)

REDACTED

I started receiving calls from our techs this morning and we have a few dozen machines (W10 x64) that are now displaying the following in the taskbar:

When you double click the icon to open the Avast! UI, you are presented with the following:

And if you click on "Resolve All" and enter the Avast! administrative password, the following happens:

These computers are definitely connected to the internet. We have ~19,800 available licenses remaining.

Is there an issue with the licensing server? In Event Viewer, there is the following Application entry:

However, the domain of bcons-core-nyc.ff.avast.com was not pingable as of 12PM CST.

Is anyone else experiencing this? We're currently rolling out a significant number of systems per day and this is holding us up right now.

edit: As of 2:28PM CST, I am able to ping the domain but the clients are still receiving the same error message.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 09:28:21 PM by DFox911 »

REDACTED

Update: As of 2:35PM CST

If I click the "Resolve All" and then "Reload", I get an error in the log that has a slightly different name:

I can ping this domain as well, but the systems are still displaying the same error.

REDACTED

We absolutely have to have a fix for this... we are right on the verge of rolling out several thousand machines, and we're sitting dead in the water until our AV solution is working...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
And if you click on "Resolve All" and enter the Avast! administrative password
I don't think it will work that way as you are supposed to control the systems through the console.

REDACTED

And if you click on "Resolve All" and enter the Avast! administrative password
I don't think it will work that way as you are supposed to control the systems through the console.

Based on the corresponding timestamps between when I click "Resolve all" and the entries in the Windows Event Viewer, I think that the "Resolve All" button is an attempt to re-contact the licensing server, or whatever "bcons-core.ff.avast.com" is.

These things aren't even seeing that they have a valid license, so they're not displaying in our console for activation.

It's going to be hard to justify deploying this to tens of thousands of systems if issues like this are going to keep cropping up.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:42:44 PM by DFox911 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Contact business support: https://support.business.avast.com
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

We are now facing the same message although on Windows 7 x64 laptops.  Did you manage to find a solution to this at all?

REDACTED

We are now facing the same message although on Windows 7 x64 laptops.  Did you manage to find a solution to this at all?

Peter,

The resolution that we found was to download the newest installer and put it on our image. That seems to have corrected the issue on the trouble machines, but we believe that there should have been another way to update the clients without touching our source image.

How many systems do you have? If it's a small enough number, I would suggest just downloading the newest installer through the "Add New Devices" button, and re-install it on each system.

I am truly hoping that Avast can work out these kinks before we find ourselves in a tough spot again.

Thanks,
Dan

REDACTED

Have the same problem with over 4000 clients rolled out. Currently working with support on this.

REDACTED

Have the same problem with over 4000 clients rolled out. Currently working with support on this.

Can you please update this thread when you find a resolution? Just trying to gather all relevant information here.

Thanks!

REDACTED

Re: "Your program subscription has expired. Please contact your administrator."
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 05:53:55 PM »
We are now experiencing this issue again. My coworkers and I have come up with some hypotheses, but would like to present all of our information here in the hopes that Avast staff can help us resolve this issue.

Our current imaging process:

1. We configure Windows and install Avast on a "master" image and activate it, which we then sysprep, and upload to our imaging system. Note: We have to do it this way, because if we run an Avast installer after imaging a machine, Avast! SafeZone browser icons and Avast! Chrome extensions are installed. We cannot permit this in our environment, so we have to have Avast installed, but remove these extraneous installations before deploying across our district.

2. Machines then pull down this image (several hundred times a month), are named/added to the domain, and ready for use. Once they boot for the first time after pulling down the image, they pop up in the Avast! Cloud console, and I issue activations.

The issue we are running into now:

For the second time, we are now getting what I described in the original post in this thread. The only fix we have found is to manually uninstall and reinstall Avast! (which then also installs SafeZone Browser and Chrome Extensions), and this is not a suitable resolution for us considering how many systems we manage.

Our hypothesis:

Is there some sort of "timeout" built into the installer that prevents a system from activating/communicating after a certain length of inactivity? Because all imaged machines are technically the identical install ID (or whatever identifier Avast! uses) to the original "master" image install, are newly imaged machines suddenly unable to communicate because the install on the master image has not communicated back to Avast! servers for too long?

As you can see, the last time we updated our image (specifically to combat the issue that I started this thread for) was almost exactly 1 month ago.

It seems like the timeout is approximately 1 month, as I made this thread almost a full month ago and we are now revisiting the same issue again.

Please contact me with questions, it is of the utmost importance that we resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Dan

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 06:53:38 PM by DFox911 »

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 06:35:20 PM »
quiero ANULAR MI RENOVACION ANUAL DE ANTIVIRUS LO DIJE VARIAS VECES PERO IGUAL LO HICIERON UNA FALTA DE RESPETO TOTAL.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2016, 06:39:23 PM »
This is a English forum about Avast EndPoint/Avast For Business
Post in English here if it is related to this threads topic, or start your own thread in the correct forum or use one of the non-English forums.