Author Topic: Avast making requests???  (Read 1548 times)

REDACTED

Avast making requests???
« on: October 04, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »
 ???

I am not really the most knowledgeable person when it comes to computers and the like, so please be patient.
I was hoping to know whether avast free tends to request to add/download add-ons to ones browsers after one opens them for the first time after installing avast. Is this normal behavior? Should I allow it?

Thank you in advance for your time!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast making requests???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2016, 04:51:54 PM »
avast comes with AOS (avast Online Security) which comes as a plug-in/add-on for browsers.
It is perfectly normal that when you install avast a browser that checks things is asking if you want to allow the plug-in/add-on to be installed.
Just allow it.
If you don't want the AOS part, you can remove it as you can with any component in avast.

As this is you first avast install, make sure everything from another (pre)installed av is removed completely.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 01:23:29 PM »
I actually had it installed by someone else who thought it would be beneficial. They failed to realize that I have a different av though. In your opinion what is the best av for a pc? I have had malwarebytes in the past, but Im not sure how effective it is in comparison to others.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 01:36:48 PM »
Malwarebytes is not a av and if you don't it running in realtime, it works fine next to avast.

Remove any other av that is installed.
Links to tutorials/tools to do so > http://www.ache.nl

REDACTED

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »
 :o

Wow, I had no idea that its not an av. Thanks a lot for sharing that info along with the other response.
Take care!