Author Topic: Firewall blocking wireless printer  (Read 3323 times)

REDACTED

Firewall blocking wireless printer
« on: May 03, 2016, 06:59:55 AM »
Can somebody please help me... I just installed the Avast firewall and I can't get it to let documents be sent via wifi to the epson wireless printer. If I turn the firewall off it immediately prints the document. I have tried all the settings I can find without any luck....Please ~ Any suggestions anybody????

REDACTED

Re: Firewall blocking wireless printer
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 03:27:21 AM »
did you come to any solutions? i cant even complete an install on my printer. i dont know what it is, but the printer company was in my computer for an hour after an hour long phone call earlier today and neither could come to any solution but to think that something is blocking a complete install.
THIS is AFTER it already had been installed and working just fine for months.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 07:43:12 AM »
did you come to any solutions? i cant even complete an install on my printer. i dont know what it is, but the printer company was in my computer for an hour after an hour long phone call earlier today and neither could come to any solution but to think that something is blocking a complete install.
THIS is AFTER it already had been installed and working just fine for months.
If you uninstall avast and reboot, does it work then?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:01:11 AM by Pondus »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 07:58:39 AM »
- Enable the "Private" mode in Avast -> Tools -> Firewall
- Click on Settings within the Firewall window and enable the option "Internet Connection Sharing mode"
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0