Author Topic: Password Sharing in the event of Death  (Read 14077 times)

Offline xymox100

Password Sharing in the event of Death
« on: October 12, 2016, 09:52:33 AM »
I have been looking into options of how to manage my "digital legacy" in the event of my death. It's not nice to think about, but it seems that in some ways, my digital will is now as important as my regular will. I want to start using a password manager and am looking at the Avast offer, but want to know what options exist for granting access to my spouse or an executor in the event of my death? Products like Last Pass offer the option to share individual or multiple passwords with one or more users. So one option would be to create a gmail account and include it in the instructions to the executor of my will. I could then share all my password info with this "user", secure in the knowledge that it would only be accessed after my death and I would never have to worry about keeping the digital will "synced".

However, I don't know if Avast allows sharing, or if there are alternative options that would work with the Avast solution. Appreciate any feedback...

Thanks,
Luke

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Password Sharing in the event of Death
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 10:07:36 AM »
Only you can access the passwords managed by avast passwords as only you know the main password for it (or at least you should be the only one).
If you are gonna use avast passwords, I would say mention the main password for it in your will (or the place where they can find it. e.g. on a paper in a safe)

I suggest you also create a list of sites where you have a account and what you want to be done with them after you have died.
e.g.
Facebook > mention that you have died, but keep the account open.
forum.avast.com/my.avast.com > delete the account