Author Topic: Official documentation/procedure for installing Avast! into sysprepped image?  (Read 1983 times)

REDACTED

Good morning!

The way we are currently deploying Avast! is to install it into sysprepped Windows 7 & 10 images that we update every quarter, and then the image is pulled down by thousands of machines across our district. I know that it has been suggested for us to push out the Avast installer to machines AFTER they have been imaged, but this is an unrealistic solution for us due to the tens of thousands of machines we have.

Is there any official documentation or a recommended procedure for installing Avast! into a sysprepped Windows image? I just want to make sure we are crossing all of our T's when it comes to deploying Avast! using our current method.

I know that the cloud console is still under active development, and I appreciate all of the hard work you folks are putting into this product, but some clarification would be helpful.  8)

Thanks,
Dan

Offline Manley

I'm guessing you already are well-versed in deployment software, but in case you don't know or have experience, you could use the free version of PDQ Inventory to watch for all the computers without Avast installed and then instantly use PDQ Deploy to install the software. I use it that way and have had no issues. There is no hands-on. Just set it and forget. Well, other than having to activate them on the cloud portal. But that is one button to press.