Author Topic: Avast Internet Security blocking too agressively  (Read 2390 times)

REDACTED

Avast Internet Security blocking too agressively
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:15:51 AM »
I'm a multi-seat licensed user of Avast and have been running the licensed product on multiple computers at my house for years without problems. Suddenly this month two of my computers are having major issues.

They're both Windows 7 64 bit (one home, one pro). I've got Avast version 12.3.2280 (build 12.3.3154.6) running with virus definition 161013-1. The Win Home version is a clean OS install that operates as an HTPC/shared family gaming rig while the other computer is my primary workstation/gaming rig. I'm finding that on both computers Avast firewall is very aggressively blocking all traffic, both inbound and outbound, but seemingly randomly. My workaround is to temporarily disable the Avast Firewall (all blocked services instantly start working).

This is super annoying as most of the activities are Chrome HTTP/HTTPS, Windows Media Center, Windows Updates, and Steam downloads and these are the exact services getting blocked (nothing crazy here!).  Make it stop!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast Internet Security blocking too agressively
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 05:57:51 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Internet Security blocking too agressively
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 09:27:31 AM »
A good firewall is supposed to block everything and allow only things that the user specifically tells it to allow.
A firewall that doesn't do that is a badly designed firewall and/or is wrongly setup.