Author Topic: Avast Mobile Backup removed from phone - cannot find in Google Play Store  (Read 18396 times)

REDACTED

Did Avast drop support of Avast Mobile Backup and Restore?  This app was removed from my phone (I guess through an Avast Security update) awhile back.  Today I wanted to backup my phone again so started hunting for the product, initially thinking Avast just separated it from their Mobile Security product - but I can't find it anywhere.  Only old referenced to FAQs that don't exist or to 3rd party illegitimate download sites.

I used this app on my Android for years to backup, what I wanted, to my Google Drive.  It was fantastic.  What gives?  From looking at the dates on my Google Drive it stopped working a long while ago -  Jan. 2015 was the last auto-upload.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Whilst this has been discontinued and removed from Google Play, see https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=177184.msg1257066#msg1257066 for a direct download link. Note that it works correctly in Firefox and Chrome browsers only.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

REDACTED

Hello people,

I'm new here, let me introduce myself a little:
Chewonkey, a happy user of an Android Xperia Ust25i. From The Netherlands.

Today I've experienced for the first time in my life that I needed a Backup. My phone sort of crashed.
I noticed that the Avast Mobile Backup app was not in the Market anymore.

What helped for me:
-go to Play market
-login with your googleaccount
-apps and games>my apps and games

there i still found all apps I've downloaded in the past, also I was able to dowload again Avast Mobile Backup!

Good luck for them who also is still seeking for the app!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
As it has been discontinued, don't be surprised if things are not working as they should or suddenly stop working entirely.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Good luck for them who also is still seeking for the app!
No luck needed, Dave posted the link in Reply #1. ;)
-> http://apk.ff.avast.com/AvastBackup.apk
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

REDACTED

Avast Mobile backup - Cannot login with my account
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2016, 03:37:33 PM »
Dear All,

My former phone just crashed so I am temporarily using an old Samsung Galaxy Core plus which I have formated.

It was not easy but I could finally install Avast mobile backup from a downloading site as it is not anymore available in playstore.

However, I am very disappointed as I cannot login with my account.
It says that the login or password are incorrect.
However, I am connected with my Google account on avast mobile security without any problem.
I don't see any logic about this.

Anyone could advise me on how to get my data back on my phone (NB: I can see the data on myavast.com but I don't wish to enter my contacts one by one...

Thank you so much for your help.
Gux

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Use the info you used when creating the backup and it should (or at least could) work.
Make sure the current phone is connected to your account.

Note that the tool has been abandoned for over a year and it is possible that latest Chrome and Firefox will not be working with it anymore.