Author Topic: Passwords on Premier 2016 - can't connect to existing vault for syncing  (Read 1449 times)

Offline matteocais

Hello,
I have AV Premier 2016 installed on my desktop PC and my Surface PC, both on Win 10 64-bit. I want to turn on password synchronization and have followed all instructions mentioned here:  https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB255#idt_04
However, when I set up my first device (i.e. my desktop), the procedure has the same appearance as under "Synchronize subsequent devices", not as under "Synchronize the first device". So I get a passcode and the message reading that I should enable the device from "any other device" (as in figure 9 on that page).
When I switch on the Surface tablet, I don't get a dialog window as in figure 10 but the same window as figure 9.
And on my main settings windows > Passwords (the one shown in figure 6) I get the message "until then the app will work without synchronising".

The thing is driving me crazy, I tried several options during the past months and nothing seems to work. Un-/re-installed Passwords several times. I also tried to restore my vault (see fig. 13), but that won't work because I don't remember the passcode for figure 17, I only remember my main password.
So basically, I guess that I need to DELETE the original vault altogether, and create a new one. No hint about how to do that online. Can anyone help me?
thank you in advance
Matteo Cais

Offline terry125

I also need to delete a vault so I can recreate it.....  :-[

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0