Author Topic: Do you guys have any type of malware removal help on mobile devices?  (Read 2045 times)

REDACTED

Hello everyone.

I just noticed today that one of my account has been (probably) compromised.
I was logged with that account in 3 devices: a Windows computer, a Windows tablet and a Android phone.

I'm betting that my cell phone is the culprit about the leak of info (both my computer and tablet are all fully updated, and recently scanned for malware and nothing has been found in both). Even if my phone scans from Avast, MBAM and ESET always return clean, is there any way to make a deeper scan (like using the FRST) to know if it's really the culprit?

EDIT: Also, there's a possibility that the router is the culprit. Is there any way to check if the router is okay?

Thank you.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 11:43:51 AM by Nori-chan »

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
Re: Do you guys have any type of malware removal help on mobile devices?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
Hi Nori-chan,

Is there any reason for you to believe that your devices are at fault? It may have been possible that your password was brute forced or found in a database somewhere. Did you ever log in on public wifi?

Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
You could install Intent Analyser app and Fake Hotspot Detector
or connect your device to a computer,
get the device drivers there and scan when it is recognized and shows up.

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 04:51:32 AM »
Hi Nori-chan,

Is there any reason for you to believe that your devices are at fault? It may have been possible that your password was brute forced or found in a database somewhere. Did you ever log in on public wifi?

Donovan

I'm kinda paranoid about security, and I didn't had any problems for about 3 years, but few days ago, it started again.
My password brute forced is possible, but to brute-force something with more than 30 characters is a lot.
Maybe in a database? Possible, but not sure why it would happen.
EDIT: I said I wouldn't e sure why it would happen because when Yahoo got some problems about security this year, I've changed my passwords (all of them), but if someone later got access to my account, then how he\she got it?
I never log in in public wi-fi.

You could install Intent Analyser app and Fake Hotspot Detector
or connect your device to a computer,
get the device drivers there and scan when it is recognized and shows up.

polonus

I could try that too, but for now, I will just observe for any suspicious activity.
And about that, I noticed that I was logged out from my account today, even if it's checked to remember my login. Does this website automatically ask me to login again after some time (like Yahoo! mail)?
EDIT: Strange, it happenned today again, I had to log in, at least the password is the same.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 11:39:22 AM by Nori-chan »