Author Topic: aswRvrt.sys trouble  (Read 860 times)

REDACTED

aswRvrt.sys trouble
« on: October 25, 2016, 09:08:10 PM »
Hi,

I'm new here and not to lie, I only registered to try to get a fix for a crippling issue.
I am running a win 7 desktop computer with avast (not sure which, relatively recently updated but free version)

My computer has been acting up lately but I attributed it to old age (it's approximately 8yrs old), even had a recent BSOD event, but some updates and I don't know what recovery tool (startup repair I think) solved those issues, or just postponed them; anyway, today this started happening: windows does not boot, I get the "starting windows" picture but then it changes into "windows is loading files" and then I get startup repair unsuccessfully trying to check the system for problems and then it spews out Startup Repair Offline, some problem signatures like 6.1.7600.16385, AutoFailover and CorruptFile. I do not have a restore point for system recovery. Also in the scan report I get something like 'Windows tried repeatedly but still can not discover the cause of this'

The only reason I am writing this here is that in some of these reports and scan descriptions aswRvrt.sys was mentioned as corrupt. To complicate things further, the system reported it being in D:\Windows\System32\Drivers\aswRvrt.sys (my system is -or rather used to be - on C:). At some point I managed to get to command prompt (following a thread I found online, maybe even here, I don't know) and it showed X: as the drive name. I am pretty sure I do not have drive X: ;)

S, am I screwed completely or is there some hope?

P.S: writing this from a netbook device I use for when I am on a business trip. Will try to get back here regularly to check up but honestly I hate this little keyboard.