Author Topic: C-Dilla CDAC15BA.EXE  (Read 8410 times)

Walker

C-Dilla CDAC15BA.EXE
« on: December 08, 2003, 03:49:13 AM »
Guys,

All of a sudden, my cpu useage shot to 100% and stayed there (had to re-boot) and everything slowed to a crawl.

The only strange thing I could find in taskmanager was two files...
CDAC11BA.EXE and CDAC15BA.SYS. They appear to be developed by a company called C-Dilla Ltd.

A bit of research on the web, brings conflicting reports as to if these files are malicious. Some opinions are they are intergrated into Macrovision, Shockwave applications. However, I can't find a definative answer.

Has any one come across these files in a malicious environment?.

Thanks,
W.

[edit] ps. .. Avast doesn't flag it as a problem [/edit]
« Last Edit: December 08, 2003, 03:52:15 AM by Walker »

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:C-Dilla CDAC15BA.EXE
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2003, 08:22:03 AM »
No, it seems that they are "valid" applications. You could kill these two Processes with the Taskmanager to see if that solve the problem or....

Please post a hijackthis log: Download the file here: http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/  then unzip the file and double click on the "HijackThis" icon. When finished loading click on the "Scan button".
Next click on the "Save Log" button. Save the log somewhere you will remember and open the log file with notepad. Then copy the contents and paste them in a reply to be checked.
MfG Ralf

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2003, 09:35:51 AM »
If I remember correctly, C-Dilla is some kind of copy protection system (used for some games, but also for 3ds max for example).
Generally, I would expect this kind of tool causing bad things...

Walker

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2003, 07:36:34 PM »
Raman, Igor,

Thanks for the responses.

I found the files on my system and deleted them, (they had found there way to the windows/drivers directory). I also found a C-Dilla directory had been created in the root of the C: drive... deleted that too. All seems to be back to normal.

I'm just left with the puzzle of how it all arrived on my machine, what it was doing at 100% cpu useage and what, if anything it has scattered across the reast of the drive(s)!. Here's hoping that my actions have got rid of it  :-\

Thanks again guys for your help.

Walker