Author Topic: How to allow windows 10 wifi hotspot thru avast firewall?  (Read 10312 times)

REDACTED

How to allow windows 10 wifi hotspot thru avast firewall?
« on: October 31, 2016, 05:07:50 PM »
Hi, for the past couple of days I am trying to allow internet connection in the new windows 10 wifi hotspot which now is in settings. I share ethernet connection to wifi. It gets created, but when I connect to it on other devices I cannot access any websites. If I disable avast firewall and turn on windows firewall everything works as suspected. By troubleshooting I found that hotspot uses svchost.exe to create hotspot, I already allowed all connections to and from for this exe, but the problem persists. I also tried setting network profile to private. I can see in Avast Firewall Logs that local ip connections gets blocked when I try to access websites on my phone, but it doesn't give a lot of information :( . Thanks in advance for responding to my post :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: How to allow windows 10 wifi hotspot thru avast firewall?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 05:12:19 PM »
Here is the huge clue:
I can see in Avast Firewall Logs that local ip connections gets blocked when I try to access websites on my phone
Create the appropriate rule(s) for the connection.
https://www.avast.com/faq.php?article=AVKB25

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 05:15:26 PM »
svchost rule already exists with allow all connections in application rules it is enabled by default, the rule name is Host Process for Windows Services :( but even with this rule connections still gets blocked

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 05:24:04 PM »
Ok, I solved it finally, I deleted that rule and created it again, also I removed remembered connections, to start from scratch and it finally works, now it allows connections to pass thru, somehow that rule was ignored :/. Thank you again, for responding :)

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 05:27:33 PM »
Another problem solved :)